Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using iTunes as database for Virtual dj: Help???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I looked through the first 4 pages and didn't see anything relating to this.

Here's what happened:
I upgraded my iTunes and all of my playlists disappeared. Now I have new music and completely different playlists and VDJ won't recognize them.

My Question:
How the heck do I get my new playlists to load onto VDJ? I tried reinstalling, erasing the database, and countless other things, but can't figure it out.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Matt

Posted Wed 26 May 10 @ 3:11 am
Please help? I'm really in need...I have a gig tomorrow and really wanna mess with some of my new music :-)

Posted Wed 26 May 10 @ 3:28 am
Hello mahditty,

As usual, asking a technical question without giving technical information means you will not get much help.
- What is your version of VirtualDJ? Is it, for example, VirtualDJ Pro 6.1?
- What is your version of iTunes? Is it, for example, iTunes 9?
- What is your computer configuration (for example: Dell Dimension 5150 - Core Duo 3 GHz - 2 GB RAM - Windows XP SP3 - Hercules DJ Console Rmx & Mk2, DJ Control Steel & MP3 e2 with 2009_HDJS_4 drivers - VirtualDJ Pro 6.0.5 used in ASIO 16-bit 44.1KHz with output 1-2 set as master and output 3-4 set as preview).

If you use iTunes, and if, in VirtualDJ Pro Config > Browser tab, the setting "Show itunes" is enabled, then you should see an iTunes icon in VirtualDJ folder browser, then when you click on iTunes icon in VirtualDJ browser, it shows the list of iTunes playlist.
iTunes playlists are not VirtualDJ playlists, they are just virtual forlders, so they lact the automix function you can use with VitualDJ playlists.
If you want to use iTunes playlists with the same functions as if they were VirtualDJ Playlists, you must drag and drop the files contents of each iTunes playlist in VirtualDJ playlist area, and save each of these new created lists as a VirtualDJ plaslist.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 9:22 am
Hello,
I too use itunes I have a few lists made up but I need to add more tunes. I know its a pain in the neck when you add sonthing and it goes missing. should I make playlists via itunes, but how do I inport those to VDJ.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 10:48 am
Made in Breizh: Forgive me, I'm new to technical forums, haha.

VDJ Version: Pro 6.0
iTunes Version: 9.1.1.12

That last question was a bit over my head, but here's my specs in laymen terms: I have an Acer 4630Z, 2GB DDR, 2.0 Ghz...I can't find any info, I'm not too technically inclined...i mess with things until i figure them out :-/

I've clicked reload on the iTunes folder (in VDJ), but it reloads the same playlists that were in my older version of iTunes. I've erased the database (and basically everything associated with VDJ) and started over completely, yet the old playlists still remain.

I'm not sure what to do, reinstalling did nothing, erasing the database did nothing, erasing EVERYTHING associated with VDJ, did not work...haha what else can I do?

I appreciate any help with the limited info I've offered.

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 6:15 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I use that version of iTunes with VDJ 6.1 and don't have any issues. The lists should update temselves when changed, as long as you create and/or make your changes, close iTunes and then open VDJ. When VDJ reloads, it will find all of your new playlist changes. There is no need to "import" them to VDJ.

Open your settings menu in VDJ, click on the "Browser" tab and make sure that iTunes is checked off (see pic below, circled in red). Press OK and look in the browser tree on the left and you should now see the iTunes catagory (also circled in red below).

Posted Fri 28 May 10 @ 4:42 pm
Go to setup/ or config... click on browser.. then click on clean..........that should remove all the old data that is no longer playable in virtual DJ

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 11:23 pm
slzinCUE userMember since 2010
Virtual DJ iTunes Playlist How to Update

PC> C drive > User > UserName > Document > Numark Cue (or Virtual DJ) > VirtualDJ Database v6.xml

Plz delete VirtualDJ Database v6.xml . And launch Virtual DJ.Your list is newest.
However, BPM and Cue Point disappear. Please take care.

Posted Wed 18 Aug 10 @ 12:54 pm
Hi folks,
I am using newest version of virtual DJ (6.1.2 basic), my iTunes is Version 9.2.1.5 and I do not see the Itunes folders at all. Of course I put the checkmark in the appropriate config. What am I doing wrong?

any help apprechiated.
Matthias

Posted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 1:12 pm
Hi mvanselow

I have exactly the same problem, with an RMX, VDJ 6.1.2 Pro and ITunes 9.0.0.70, a netbook EeePC and all my music on a external HD...

I didn't find a way to make ITunes playlist appear in VDJ 6

(even if they appeared in VDJ 5 but the special characters like à é è r russian stuff didnt work :P - so I changed to the Pro version)

and then tried something else:

I created different Virtual Folders and simply drag all the titles from ITunes playlists to these folders...
It works great like this for me !!

I hope this "idea" will help you until the VDJ code is fixed ;) (or anything is changed on our computers or configuration)

Enjoy your next session !

hypnoblepsique

Posted Thu 07 Oct 10 @ 4:14 pm
Hi guys,
just bought a new Midi Controllor with Virtual DJ software included, LE version 6.
Can I get the itunes library/playlist in Virtual DJ with this LE version or shoud I buy the PRO?
Thanks a lot!!!

Posted Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 10:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)