Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Windows 7 or XP for Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just wondered what was the best os for virtual DJ and using it for video work

is there any advantage to moving to windows7 instead of xp

Regards

Posted Mon 22 Mar 10 @ 9:50 pm
Honestly, It's my understanding that VDJ was written for a 32 bit operating system utilizing the Direct x 9 for video.

The old adage, if it's not broke, why fix it comes to mind.

jmho...

Posted Tue 23 Mar 10 @ 12:17 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

If You got a new Pc or Laptop, then you can think on Windows 7. If you already have XP, you can stay with XP. If you try new OS in an old PC that comes with XP, it could be not good to upgrade the OS.

VirtualDJ Pro runs in PCs Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 32 or 64 bits (or in Mac OS X).

Posted Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 10:08 am
i am debating if i should upgrade to 7.

Posted Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 8:15 pm
I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a new PC, not for use with virtual DJ!

Windows 7 is amazing and far better than xp, but there is lots more going on behind the sceens than in xp

my thoughts is virtual DJ is a workhorse (toolkit) for DJ's so why over complicate the situation, what ever PC you use for DJing, needs minimal services running in the background, and the least amount of crap installed, etc. to alllows virtual DJ a fighting chance of working smoothly !

If it ain't broke dont' fix it

If you are keen on going down the windows 7 route then will you needs lots of high end hardware to make it work correctly, make the system as high spec as you can !

thoughy I feel virtual DJ will work equally the same in windows xp with a lot less spec of hardware

just my thoughts

Posted Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 8:48 pm
i have vista right now, which doesnt help haha

Posted Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 8:53 pm
Your a very brave man !!!

I put Vista in the same leauge as Windows ME

The both should have never hit the shops / public, it took ages for vista to be come stable

I guess its Microsoft using as all as Guinne Pigs

Posted Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 9:04 pm
so i should switch then

Posted Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 9:10 pm
I would say yes for going from Vista To Windows 7, its a no brainer

Windows 7 is built the way Vista should have been...

Still not sure about going from XP to Windows 7 ???

Regards

Posted Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 10:14 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I read in a Microsoft information something like this "if you already have Windows Vista, you won't see to much difference in using Windows 7... If you work With Vista stick with Vista, Windows 7 would not give you to much more than Vista SP2 already does."

So far, Windows 7 is the Microsoft option to replace Windows XP as Customer option in newer systems. So if you already have an old PC with XP working, don't change it. If you need more, buy a new PC or laptop, it would come with Windows 7...

If you already have Windows Vista and wnat to try Windows 7, you can do it, but If you remove your SIDEBAR from Vista and do some tricks, you would work like you were in 7.

Regards,

Posted Thu 25 Mar 10 @ 2:11 pm
thanks

Posted Thu 25 Mar 10 @ 2:13 pm
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Everyone should go 7. Better driver compatibility, and everything is going to win7

Posted Fri 26 Mar 10 @ 2:32 am
yeah i agree with the above post that says "stick with vista"

if you already have it, you arent gonna see much difference with 7

cause vista is actually stable now

and 7 is new, so it will probably have a ton of updates before sp1 for windows 7 comes out although it probably wont be as bad as vista since vista was basically beta for 7 like ME was beta for 2000
lol

so if you already have it and like it keep it, 7 still has just as much background crap in it as vista.... just probably need new drivers for 7 since it is a new OS

id say if you wanted to improve performance from 7 or vista, you could always downgrade to xp (which is something i might do one of these days)
since xp uses up less resources and has lower requirements to run it at optimum level than vista and 7

my 2 cents anyways

Posted Fri 26 Mar 10 @ 7:05 am
hmmm, back to square 1, haha

Posted Fri 26 Mar 10 @ 10:53 am
windows 7!!! just my .02

I always had probs with Vista and ended up going back to XP.. When I upgraded to 7 I set up to dual boot in either 7 or XP
but.. if you're running fine right now in Vista.....

Posted Fri 26 Mar 10 @ 3:43 pm
shouldnt 7 be faster than vista?

Posted Fri 26 Mar 10 @ 3:58 pm
farhanashraf wrote :
shouldnt 7 be faster than vista?

wouldnt suprise me if it wasnt according to what i had written

Posted Sat 27 Mar 10 @ 3:16 pm
right

Posted Sun 28 Mar 10 @ 12:00 am
I'm using American Audio 14 MXR with a cutom VDJ program that is mapped for this mixer. My OS is Win 7 Pro (64 bit). My problem is, once I input my settings on CONFIG, they do not stay saved. I have to close the program and sometimes have to power down the computer, unplug the mixer from the computer. Start the program back up, plug the USB from the mixer back to the computer.
ANY SUGGESTIONS! I have no other problems, but just want to have my settings to be the same even after shutting down.

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 8:33 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Starting vdj as admin...?

Posted Sat 14 Sep 13 @ 2:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)