Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Maya EX5 Soundcard - bard review and bad recommendation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rafikiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am very dissappointed in Virtual DJ's recommendation of the Maya USB Soundcard. I purchased the Maya EX5 based on it and I have had bad lcuk with it. Customer and Technical support is horrible. Turns out its not compatible with my Soundcard after numerous problems which was making both channels cut out. So when I asked for a compatible soundcard or even being able to use an additional Maya EX5 they responded poorly with one sentence answers which basically told me I cant use another card. Which means I cant use VirtualDJ supported ability to preview a mix/second track with another soundcard and headphone.

Why does VirtualDJ recommend this product with this limitation?

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 7:58 pm
We recommend MAYA 44 USB, which is NOT the soundcard you have, sorry...

The Maya Ex5 might be supported too soon.

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 8:00 pm
DJ In Norway is correct, the Maya USB and the Maya EX5 are two totally different sound cards. I own them both

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 10:04 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Maya Ex usb, (EX5 its the same model i think) is a basic 5.1 usb card simillar to the card included in hercules console. You can use external mixer with it to preview and also works very well with the free asio4all driver (this will give you 3 outs in advanced setup, PlayerA, B, and samples...)
BUT you CANNOT use Timecode Viny/cd's. In this case options are limited, and Maya44 usb
is the most recommended.

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 1:17 am
rafikiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
So if I got the Maya USB as my primary, can I use the Maya EX5 for the headphone? I asked this of their tech support and I go this which I find quite unprofessional:
"i don't know what to tell you i just know you can't use two ex5 together".

Lame. Please help me as I have a special event coming up I am mixing for and I really want all to go smooth.

Thanks,
Scott

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 4:25 am

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 9:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)