Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using Ableton WITH VDJ - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've now moved to a RME card and have it internally wired to pipe the audio from VDJ to Ableton. The latency is about 14ms (2 x 7ms) and quite stable for me. You should try a multi ASIO client for this to be stable under windows.

Pete

Posted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 8:02 am
Hello
I have been searching a similar topic and need help on the same subject.
I have a set of CDJ400's and a Vestax PMC280 4channel mixer.
I am considering purchasing the Xone K2 to add more effects and loops and to do live remixes in my sets.
I would like to use the Xone K2 to manipulate sound clips (recorded from VDJ sampler with CDJ400's jog control and loops) with Ableton.
(on channel 1 and 4 on my mixer)
The two programs must run on one pc at the same time and must be able to SYNC with each other.
I also want to use the CDJ400's to control VDJ and output through channel 2, 3 on my mixer.
I would like to know if this is possible to do this in this setup or if I would also need an external sound card?

Posted Thu 21 Jun 12 @ 10:29 am
Use this setup to route sound from Ableton into VDJ

Strangely, I found that using Virtual Audio Cable instead of Virtual Hi-Fi (a.k.a. ASIO Bridge) gave less lag.

You will need a skin that has an 'Aux Input' toggle.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 17 @ 11:21 pm
@Liquid Alloy its great your helping folks but the last post before yours was 2012

pretty sure if they haven't got it they moved on :-)

Posted Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 12:36 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm interested in what he's doing.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 12:41 am
This thread is old, if you have new information, please start a new thread, thank you.

Locked by AMAHM

Posted Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 7:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)