Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 1st Report On Video Plug In

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Right out of the wrapper live with the video plug in after frantically scanning 4600 tracks and "tuning" most of the tracks I saved to "best" folders that I mix from.

DAYUM!

Absolutely LOVE the text messaging feature.
Slammed this dude this weekend in a 4 hour bash fest where I beatmixed everything and went from .mp3 to mpeg back and forth at will with no problems at all.
Love the timed ambients that automatically come on with any fade where mpeg isn't present.
I was elated at the end of the night, still grinnin' as a matter of fact.
The show is just soooo much better now, I just can't believe it.

Funny, or odd should I say, is the lack of interest with all of the pre-release interest and discussion over the past year.
I just guess that maybe there are fewer VJs than I thought.

It is a little embarrassing to tell people it's a free upgrade though.
Seems like with all the improvements that it loses worth by being free with what others are charging that can't hold a candle to this program.

Searches: I am running 3 300g sata drives, so by clicking on the path column I can see whether I have the .mp3 or mpeg really easy. I also drag in the path column to see which folder/version of the track I want either Hot Video or Club Video or outsourced video etc...
Just couldn't be any better IMO.

Better yet is the ability to cue around content right on beat like it was never even there to begin with.

The BPM engine is right on most of the time.
I find even the numbers of songs that were double or half value are gone now, but the ones that are wrong are less than 5% but are off 30% of their value. Easily corrected of course.
The anchor/phraser still needs some work, most of them I have to change.

The preview window needs to be part of the interface, not a seperate window.
You have jump from active windows and in doing so find yourself coming down on a mixpoint with a dead fader because you previewed or put up a message, thus blowing by your mix point.

In the couple of posts I put up, I was surprized at the lackluster interest.
I'm having to figure that there are just too few VJs in the world, which isn't a bad thing IMO.
The program just shined all night generating immence interest from guests coming to the console with requests.

Thank you, this was one hell of a birthday present.

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 10:45 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"Love the timed ambients that automatically come on with any fade where mpeg isn't present."

Sorry i don't understand this sentence, what timed ambients are you talking about?

You seem to have a lot of videos to mix, hot videos and club videos.
Where do you get them.
Now that we can mix video with VDJ i'm looking everywhere to get videos but can't get any in good quality. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong direction.

Thx for this post it shows that VDJ (Virtualdj or Video DJ i don't know ;-) works great.

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 11:50 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You can buy outsourced video from music stores, Walmart and other department stores.
www.promoonly.com is a very good source for the dvds, $300 per year, I do Hot Video and Country Video.
The benefit being the promos offer compulations in all genres.
This requires ripping to mpeg, tagging etc...
http://www.screenplayinc.com/sphome.htm?path=vjpro offers mpeg 1 format which saves time but you are stuck with copy and no way to take advantage of future codecs that might save space and offer much greater results.
I prefer to rip my own so I have a perfect master copy as well as the reason listed above.

You need to go to set/video to the bottom and click "select video plug in".
There is one furnished called punkie, just select it, back out and it should load with an audio track automatically.

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 12:09 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 12:23 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Ok thanks you two.

i got the plugin punkie today on www.sonique.com

but you say it is furnished? did you get it by downloading the upgrade of VDJ?

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 12:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)