Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sub Folders within Filter Folders or Filter Folders within Normal Folders

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have many files I've ripped from monthly Mastermix & DMC releases. As well as these I have lots of complete albums i have ripped to my hard drives.
I like to keep all my files together organised by album. So I'd like to be able to have filter folders within filter folders. Instead of organising my library into something like: Folder: Rock, Subfolders: 80's, 90's etc. etc. I'd like to set a filter folder for the genre Rock just like we can now, but then be able to additional filter folders within this one for the decades etc. This way I could keep all my files stored by album and not have a list of filter folders or virtual folders as long as my arm.
Does this make sense?

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 3:33 pm
Yup makes sense and has been brought up before:)

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 5:41 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Very much needed feature.
Big Plus ++

Joey...

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 9:52 am
I have requested this feature many times, sub folders within playlist folders. Would save a lot of scrolling. Traktor has had this for years, I dont know why it is taking so long to implement for VDJ. Imho it would make VDJ perfect for me. That and having the playlists ordered by alphabetical order.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 6:20 am
+ 1000 Craigalgar.

That's what i was trying to explain before (but with my very bad english, it's not easy for me).

PS: djjameslake, the playlists are aleady ordered by alphabetical order.

Good mixes !

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 12:57 pm
+ 1

when I first started using VDJ, I didnt use a lot of filters..

as I am slowly becoming aware about how GREAT this feature is of VDJ's, I found myself also starting to collect a lengthy list of filters..

so ya,
being able to throw a collection of them in a folder would be pretty sweet, and i think needed..

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 4:48 pm
*bump*

nested folders.. would be very nice.. :-)

and the ability to drag & drop would make it even sweeter.. ;-)

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 12:33 pm
hippydog wrote :
*bump*

nested folders.. would be very nice.. :-)

and the ability to drag & drop would make it even sweeter.. ;-)

Hippy, I'm sure I read somewhere that nested v/folders were now possible. Although I can't find that now... I'm about to install 6.0.5 so will try and let you know...

+1000 on the drag and drop though...

Roy

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 12:56 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Create Sub-folder context menu (right-click on folder) was added in V6.0.3 :-)

Edit: I think this applies only to regular folders, not virtual folders as far as I know!

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 4:14 pm
dj_pPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJmga wrote :
Create Sub-folder context menu (right-click on folder) was added in V6.0.3 :-)

Edit: I think this applies only to regular folders, not virtual folders as far as I know!

As you can see in the below screen shot, it s not there.
I organize my folders with Virtual Folders, makes it easier, and the sub folder item?? nowhere to be seen....

Cheers :)

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 7:43 pm
Wow 10 years later and they still do not have this feature!!

Posted Tue 06 Aug 19 @ 4:09 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'd think that's because it's not a very well thought out idea. it sounds like a good idea if you don't think of how it would work, but think about it,
You'd have a Rock filter then you'd need to have many more sub filters inside that for each other criteria. So it really saves very little in the way of work.
You can have a second level of filtering by typing search when in a filter folder.
Or if it's just a tidiness issue, make a virtual folder called "Rock filters" inside that add as many compound filters as you wish.

Posted Tue 06 Aug 19 @ 8:41 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Group by can also be used to generate subfilters automatically depending on what you want to achieve

Posted Tue 06 Aug 19 @ 8:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)