Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX + Win 7 drivers - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Ok, Mike, let's get some details here:

- Was the Rmx working fine under Vista ? Did the problem occur only once you upgraded to 7 ?

- Once you did the upgrade, did you try reinstalling the driver for the Rmx, or did you simply leave what was already installed ( which version if you know) ?

- When you connect the Rmx, what happen exactly ( please describe the steps and possible messages you are getting)?

All this information will help a lot.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 6:11 am
he is doing something wrong belive me.try making the remix work in vista mode right clik on the remix software clik properties clik on compatibility look for vista sevice pack 2 and this should do it and then right clik install as addmin.and to mikecauchon what pc you got?

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 6:51 am
Yes it was working perfectly in Vista, when I upgraded in no longer recognized the RMX.....so I uninstalled the drivers, went to the hercules website and download the new driver (2009_HDJS_4)....went through the install process, and it comes up saying I have an older version that isnt compatable....thats when I started reading this forum, and followed the directions given in this tread

this is what I've tried:

- Uninstall the DJ driver and unplug the console

- Go to

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\

and delete the following files:

hdjbulk.sys
hdjasiok.sys
hdjmidi.sys

that didnt work so I tired:

Maybe....
Try turning off "User Account Control", under users menu in control panel. Also turn off windows firewall or yours (you'll find it also in the control panel). Restart PC. Download the last Hercules drivers, and when it's finished, right-click on the installer and select "run as administrator" on the context menu.

Hope this helps.....

again didnt work so I tried:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00384.pdf

got to the part where I needed to update my firmware, and it didnt work...I read on to find out:

So I got on to Hercules tech support, and they told me to follow the same procedure, BUT do it on another computer that has a previous operating system (Vista/XP). It turns out that this firmware manual function isn't available on Win 7. So do all that on the other computer, and then install the driver as normal on your Win 7 laptop and it should be all good. If not, follow the procedure on the Win 7 laptop also.

and this is where I am, i didnt quite understand that last message and dont have another computer to try it on........

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 5:50 pm
Oh and I did try running in Vista SP2 mode, infact I tried all the vista modes, still no good I have laptop dell inspirion 1505

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 6:07 pm
exactly the same problem on an HP pavilion dv6000 laptop.

I didnt try those steps yet but from reading this thread it seems like it wont work for me aswell.. (since i have the EXCACT same messages)

Posted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 4:26 pm
I already installed the new updated drivers but know the only problem is that the hercules console isint being recognized by virtual dj

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 11:37 pm
Can someone please help me

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 11:37 pm

Posted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 6:58 am
I seem to be having the same problem and I'm so frustrated I can't see straight. Have just upgrade from VDJ LE to VDJ 5 Home, have uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent drivers for Windows 7 about 5 times now. VDJ isn't seeing my Hercules RMX at all, no life whatsoever. There aren't any messages coming up that my drivers are having problems, and my device manager tells me it's working properly. What the hell.
Any advice any of you might have, I'm most grateful. I've been trying to read through the threads and can at least say that it looks like these issues are plentiful, and Guillermot's tech support sucks.
Thanks!

Posted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 3:35 pm

Posted Tue 16 Feb 10 @ 6:18 am
So I tried all of those things, including http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00384.pdf

Nothing worked, I got stuck at step 8, where I have to connect the device to the Firmware update, it simply won't recognize it :((

what should I Do?

Im using w7

Posted Fri 05 Mar 10 @ 3:07 pm
russj wrote :
have just upgraded to a full copy of win 7 and now i can't get the RMX to work, i tried updating the drivers but i keep getting the message back that i have the latest. Any help would be a great help :D

Posted Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 12:16 pm
ptr250PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Call Hercules tech support and talk to Adrian.

Posted Wed 17 Mar 10 @ 4:27 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Could anyone who has spoken to Adrian and then been successful in installing their RMX please leave instructions here on how to follow the install.

A lot of guys will be very grateful to you.

Just weird why this is happening to just some of you, mine installed ok on win7 64. I put a tutorial on the wiki (Hercules section) if you want to try it.

Posted Thu 18 Mar 10 @ 3:22 pm
My normal screen resolution is 1920X1200. I reinstalled my VDJ and each time I start it up it lowers the resolution to 1200X800. The skin then appears to big for the screen. it can not be moved. I installed all the correct updates. Nothing seems to help.
Can anyone help? thx

Posted Fri 19 Mar 10 @ 1:30 pm
still having the problem? i am debating if i should upgrade to 7.

Posted Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 8:14 pm
Ok...granted that somewhere in the mindboggling process I missed or screwed up the one step that makes all the difference, but I've done my level best to fix this problem and nothing works. When I tied the update on another computer, I got the manual updater to run but the settings were not as indicated (BOOT was pic, 4 something - I dont have it in front of me right now) It didn't even update correctly on my desktop.

Is there any other update on this nightmare. My RMX is currently a useless 350.00 paperweight. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Tad

Posted Mon 30 May 11 @ 8:42 am

Posted Mon 30 May 11 @ 1:23 pm
As I alluded, I had the precise problem indicated by the initial post. I followed every single direction in every recommended solution to no avail. I finally contacted Hercules and this is what I got back from them...this worked.

Thank you for your request. In order to resolve the issue you have encountered with your DJ Console Rmx, please refer to our response herewith:

To solve this issue please follow the below steps:

1. Go to Device Manager

2. Right click on Hercules DJ Console Rmx Bulk ? Update Software

3. Browse my computer? ? Let me pick from a list?

4. Choose ?USB Composite Device? instead of ?Hercules DJ Console Rmx bulk? and click Next

5. Click Finish when the installation ends and reboot if necessary

For any other query please do not hesitate to contact us.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can you be a little more precise about the state of your problem ?

- I'm guessing yo are using Windows 7 and that you have administrator rights on this system ?

- Did you install the latest drivers (2.HDJS.2011), following this procedure ?

http://ts.hercules.com/download/sound/txt/DJ_Series_INSTALLATION_PC_EN.pdf

- Did dthe Rmx install correctly ?

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00350.pdf

- Following the installation, what happens exactly ? [/quote]

Posted Fri 03 Jun 11 @ 4:28 am
jkrlosPRO InfinityMember since 2008

idk what else 2 do either!!!!...i already got tha latest version of hercules driver, tha latest version of virtual dj and this "thing" is fckin trippen...it wont scratch good, tha song stops playing by itself n all tha shit!...can someone plz help me out atleast an opinion wut might be wrong with it.
CHECKOUT tha video i post up on youtube... it shows how is trippen bad :( ...... http://youtu.be/_epZ-kVx4oA

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 3:10 pm
83%