Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Timecode CD & Maya 44 USB 0% signal!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djxioHome userMember since 2005
Alright guys, so I'm thinking to go the VDJ way & bought the maya 44 usb to check it out w/ the demo... anyway, I can't get it to work at all.... when I press play on the cd player the wave moves in the signal box but it stays at silent or 0%... I've tried everything & I can't get it over 0%. Is it the demo that doesn't work with the time code? Is there any special version I need to download to test the time code. I have final scratch 2 but the cueing problem is driving me crazy..... I thought Virtual DJ was better but I can't even get it running...

BTW, I'm running an athlon 64 3400+ notebook w/ 512mb ram, windows xp sp1, maya 44 usb drivers 2.5.5.. I haven't udpated directx but I heard it wasn't such a big deal, I have the output from denon dnd6000's into the input of the maya, & the output of the maya into my mixer. I know it's hooked up right because when I press play, the needle moves towards the turntable but it won't play because the signal is so bad!

I do not understand what I'm doing wrong....

Thanks for your help!

Posted Sat 23 Apr 05 @ 8:38 pm
Nevermind, I got it working... I just had to lower the input...

The cueing problem is just as bad as final scratch 2... this is meant more for turntables & not cds...

until someone can manage to make an exact timecode along with the track & when you cue it goes exactly to the same place, it's pretty useless... bye bye virtual dj, final scratch & timecode for cds...

Guess, I'll have to wait for the dac - 3 controller from pcdj or wait until someone improves the cd cueing feature on timecodes to jump on it.....

Posted Sat 23 Apr 05 @ 10:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djxio -- I don't know how you have all of your settings, but two things --

1. Read here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=11086
About 4th entry down on the thread. These are my settings for using the Maya with TCVs. And, yes there is a drift issue, however; the DAC-3 is not worth the $500 bucks where you can learn to adapt to the temperment of the TCVs. BTW, are you running the Maya Control Panel minimized to the task bar?

2. How are you using the Maya with the DEMO? I thought the ASIO selection was disabled in the choices. And if you are a Hercules user, then I apologize ahead of time. And, if you are using 1.09 then you really need to upgrade to 2.06!

cstoll
[100th Post!]

Posted Sun 24 Apr 05 @ 12:47 am
Been there, done that.... thanks for your help but the problem is not latency... the problem is that when you press the cue button it won't go exactly to were it was cued, when you press play it goes to the cue but it takes a little bit to adjust & go to the cue.. it's a timecode issue. From what I understand it's really hard to accomplish, final scratch 2 & serato also has this problem... so the only solution is the $500 dac 3, because you can add the dnd6000 along w/ the controller & have both things with virtually 0 latency.... the only other possible solution would be if someone could get the numark cdx or even better the numark cdn95 which are both midi capable to run with virtual dj... I don't know the extent of the midi functionality on these players, but if it does work it would be amazing!!!

Posted Sun 24 Apr 05 @ 9:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)