Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PCDJ DAC-3 Controller - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Talked with a buddy of mine who told me about this:
http://www.pcdjhardware.com/DAC3.asp

Says releasing in March (yesterday to be exact March 8th) and shipping in June.

HOPE VDJ WILL BE SUPPORTING THIS CONTROLLER TOO!!

Here are some specs:

# Fast USB 2.0 Plug and Play connection
# 3U standard 19" rackmountable
# Midi compatible
# Looks and feels just like a dual CD Player
# Easy to use interface for any kind of DJ
# One button beat match
# One touch access to the looper
# Sliders control Pitch or Volume
# Mix now button cross fades into the next track
# Once touch reverse button
# One touch access to cue points
# Play and sample or loop in reverse
# One touch complete control of effects
# No need for mouse and Keyboard
# True instant start
# Create loops and Cue points on the fly, perfectly synced every time
# Displays for Players A and B
# Play any sample or loop in reverse
# Jog wheel to search for songs in recordcase, set cue points and easy loading
# Lockable Pitch for both players, makes sure you are never out of Sync
# 12 volt power supply

Hey Daniels, ready to update the mapper???
WirelessDJ, yours is on order, right?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 1:14 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I talked to cyfer over at pcdj about, he tells me it will be totally open source! Which will be awesome I think. I like the look of it personally.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 1:19 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If Daniels, or someone; could write a really good mapper .dll for it, then all those DAC2 wish list items, I think; would be possible. There are enough button to really get wild with.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 1:24 am
can someone write a MIDI Driver or can atomix please contact visiosonic so that it can work with VDJ?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 1:50 am
I love my DAC-2 and this looks terrific but my complaint to PCDJ continues. This is priced too high. Should be about $100.00 cheaper. Not $499.95. I want one but a few extra buttons is not worth the $500.00 and I never quiver over $$. I bought the DAC-2 for $299.95 with a copy of red. Maybe it will come down in price a bit. What is everyone's thoughts.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 5:01 am
I'm pretty sure the dac was up there in price when it first came out, you guys remember when they were blowing out the dmc-1's for 99 one could only hope that same thing happens with the dac2

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 5:40 am
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Won't happen. Hey Jason, did you ever get your Herc controller reassembled?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 6:44 am
yeah i put it back together, I'm still not impressed with it.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 7:35 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This unit looks more like the Numark CDN 88, 90 and 94 CD players. IF and WHEN this is mappable, that big juicy jog wheel should be abl;e to be used to control various effects. :D

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 8:11 am
I'd say it's cheap. Nice professional layout. I bought the Numark CDN-88 when it came out, and I payd like 15 000 SEK (around $2000 in todays curency). Pro equipment (should) have another level of quality, fewer manufactured units and other factors that sets the price.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 1:16 pm
The DAC 3 is over priced in my opinion. It is built on a design that is over 5 years old. The DAC 2 was built on a dated and standardized design as well. Ryan (a sales rep for VISIO) admitted this in the following thread (read the 4th post):

http://message.pcdj.com/showthread.php?s=62c24e0f8fd47549989876fdc2e73784&threadid=4928&perpage=20&pagenumber=11

Consequently, VISIO has used the same practice with the DAC 3. American DJ has a very similar designed CD player that came out about 5 years ago!

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl?eqint_KeyIDdata=20279&UID=2004070212472196&newproduct=T&itemNumber=DCD-PRO-300-MK2%2001

That American DJ CD player (with controller) is only $299.99; however, VISIO is charging $499.95 for the controller (without the software). You would be better of buying the Behringer controller and using the other $300 for something that you really need.

OO

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 7:42 pm
Couldn't have said it better myself Double O. Although I always want the new thing out there so I'l probably buy it. I have that disease! It is awful! Still think a $399.99 price tag would have been more reasonable. Bet you it cost about $50.00 to design and make.

In respects to the ADJ Pro Mix Controller. I own it. It is designed extremely well. The program stunk though and it was serial connected.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 8:18 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 8:57 pm
DJCyFeRHome userMember since 2004
Hi Guys, we will be working with VDJ to make this new controller work.

As for the price, $499 is the minimum advertisable price. Just as $349 is MAP for the dac-2. If you call around to any of our hundreds of US dealers, you'll find you can buy the DAC-2 with software for $279 and up. I imagine the street price for the DAC-3 will be much lower than MAP.

Best,

Andrew
PCDJ Team

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 9:02 pm
I sincerely hope this is a big step back in the right direction for VISIO. Plus, a little competition is always good for the consumer. Also, consider changing the jog/scratch wheels for those found on this: http://www.pssl.com/images/products/P0048877B.jpg

OO

b.t.w. I still think $499 is too much!

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 9:40 pm
GielenHome userMember since 2005
Ahooj

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 10:20 pm
It looks like a nice piece of hardware. But I was slightly disappointed that there wasn't much new about it. The extra buttons and better layout are nice, but there isn't anything that'll make me abandon my dac-2 and shell out $500 for one anytime soon.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 05 @ 4:47 am
On reflection...I was gonna rush out to pre order last night...but I've gone off it now.

I own a DAC-2 and love it but it has it's flaws.

I'm a Product Design & Innovation student at Strathclyde University, Glasgow...and to be quite hoonest from what I've seen and read of DAC-3 I'm quite dissapointed.
I'm not bashing VISIO here.
I think there should have been a much bigger learning curve from DAC-2 than there appears to be looking at the images of DAC-3...Cyfer can I be involved in DAC-4 plans.

The biggest improvement I see visualy was taking it to 3U for a start, all pro controllers should be but I think the ergononmics of it don;t look to satisfying and the allocation of buttons...for particular features seem odd.

Sorry

Posted Mon 25 Apr 05 @ 3:14 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Put a crossfader into it, toss the mixer all together and i'd consider one over the Behringer.
Said that from the start, nobody home.
There has to be a method in the madness, but I don't understand 3U over 2U.

Posted Mon 25 Apr 05 @ 3:16 pm
Well a built in mixer in any product would be the one sure thing that would put me off buying it. Even just a crossfader would.

I would always want a seperate mixer, mainly for upgrade reasons, also swap outs...they are prone to wear, I wouldn't want to have to replace a £400 controller because of a built in mixer.

Maybe an advanced HDC for some users perhaps in a 5U 19" version would work.

I will say this though, every user has their own preferences...and these are mine:
A Controller should control, not do everything, buy a seperate good quality mixer like Rane I wouldn't want a built in bundle.

Posted Tue 26 Apr 05 @ 3:39 am
91%