Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster Live series - rate?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rafikiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have the Creative Sound Blaster Live series souncard. I dont have allot of expendible incme to buy another soundcard as this was recommended to me last year. Is this a compatible sound card to VDJ? It seems ok but i am having some issues with the program so I am trying to isolate what may be wrong.

Anybody have an opinion?

Thanks,
Rafiki

Posted Tue 08 Mar 05 @ 5:13 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No problem for your soundcard.
If your soundcard is correctly configured you only have to select it and configure VDJ (depends of your setup: VTC? XP10? External mixer?)

Post a topic in the technical section to tell us your problems and we gonna help you.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 05 @ 10:33 pm
No external equipment at this point while testing. I'll just be going out to an amp. I like to keep it simple as this is a hobby for me.

Thanks

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 11:01 pm
For home use it is ok I think. The Soundblaster family sound cards have a lot of noise. even if you don't play any music the noise level is quite high.
Ewout

Posted Fri 11 Mar 05 @ 6:48 pm
you're right about the noise. I have noticed this. I will be doing some gigs with this machine. Any recommendation for a better card that doesnt cost a fortune?

Posted Fri 11 Mar 05 @ 9:47 pm
Rafiki
The VDJ team recommend the Maya USB card. Read also some good reviews, also including Timecode vinyls. It is not the best card there is, but is also not that expensive
Ewout

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 3:34 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
There is also Audiotrak Prodigy 192 pci to my mind

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 3:37 pm
djcel,
this is also a good choice. If you like to use Timecode vinyls this card has only 2 (mono) inputs. So you are able to attach just 1 turntable. I don't know what the price difference is between the Maya and the Prodigy card.
Ewout

Posted Sun 13 Mar 05 @ 2:26 pm
So I am looking into the Maya. Why USB over PCI ? I am having a hard time finding the USB.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 6:00 pm
Rafiki,
the Maya pci version has some troubles with the Asio driver supplied with it. USB is easy. It could be easily swaped around other machines. It could also be used with laptops.
The Maya Usb has also a good quality / Price ratio

See for stores here: http://www.audiotrak.net/wheretobuy.htm#buy
Ewout

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 6:41 pm
If you can use a PCI card I highly recomend a delta44 or delta66. Those two cards really work great. They are basically the same card except that the delta66 has a an additional output which is a spdiff. The delta66 can be had for under $150usd.

I am using TCV's and I have never had a problem. Others here have had good experiences with those cards. Good luck.

Killabee44

Posted Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 3:23 am
alguien me puede ayudar tengo una sou blaster 4.1 y nosale audio por los audifonos, sabe alguien el por que o es problema de mi tarjeta???
plisss

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 11:52 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Morpheuss
Please speak in english here we cannot understand your request.

Posted Sun 24 Apr 05 @ 3:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)