Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Samples Feature Request

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Currently, you need a "record" playing to keep samples in synch. It would be nice to have the samples in synch when no record is playing (maybe make all samples synch to track 1).

One reason for this is if you want to use samples to mix out. Right now, when the record stops, the samples get out of synch with eachother right away.

Thank you.

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 7:38 pm
Take a basic simple 4/4 kick and snare loop pattern and load in sample 1 -lower the volume and this will act like a metronome function all the other samples will be slave to this one untill
you start another deck if you start a deck in sync and at the same bpm then you can do this seemlessly...enjoy
Andre

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 10:37 pm
Hi DJ Andre Landry-

I have a 4/4 kick/snare in sample 1. That is the beat I am using to mix out. The second I do this (and the record ends) everything goes out of synch.

Thanks for your reply.

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 5:12 am
You could always create a loop of the 4/4 kick. That would help.

MS

Posted Thu 17 Feb 05 @ 4:20 pm
Hi-

I guess this request is not going to work out too well...

The idea was this; you have a song with a very busy end and another with a busy start that you want to mix. So, you create a basic 4/4 loop to tie the 2 together and maybe a couple of things to throw in on other loop tracks to make the basic 4/4 a little more interesting.

What happens is that you can mix perfectly out of the old record using your loop. Once the old record ends, all of your other loops have nothing to synch to and can not be used (if you want them in synch).

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 7:41 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The samples synch with whatever deck is "dominant", right? Whichever was loaded last unless you change it yourself? The waveform colors are different for each skin, but on mine the dominant waveform is displayed in green, versus red for the subordinate track. Here's a possible work around.

Ok, Track A is playing...

1. Move crossfader all the way to A.
2. Synch Track B with Track A and loop Track B at whatever point you want to bring it into the mix.(Make sure Track B is now the dominant deck!)
3. Now synch the sample to Track B.
4. Bring up the sample volume. It will be synched with Track B, but since only Track A (and the sample) is audible, it will appear as if it is synched with Track A. Remember that Track A and B are synched together.
5. Track A ends and the sample continues, but does not lose tempo since it is actually synched with Track B.
6. Move crossfader to Track B.
7. Exit Loop.

Posted Fri 18 Feb 05 @ 8:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)