Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TimeCode CD issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

I've been having some issues with Timecode CDs. I have Pioneer CDJ100s decks and a Maya44USB (with 100% timecode quality) and the main issue I'm having relates to seemingly random behaviour on occaisions.

Firstly, when cueing tracks, I can get the two songs perfectly in time only to find within a short period of time one of them will have changed tempo. Could this be down to the quality of the CD that I've burnt? I burnt the CDs using Windows Media Player 10 and they are basic 80 minute CD-Rs.

Secondly, the cueing on the CDJs doesn't seem to quite work properly. When I have a track cue'd, (by pausing it and then pressing the cue button), it should resume when I press play. However it seems not to work all the time (in normal CD-audio mode I have no such problem).

Finally when I am seeking on tracks it seems to sometimes jump all the way to the end etc. This maybe me - I've only been playing around a little bit and it is quite hard to remember to keep resetting the track to the beginning each time you load a new song. Has anyone got any tips on using the Time code CDs? For example, to get it to work I have to reverse the stereo. I can also reverse phase - what is the difference and what generally works better? Also, what is the recommended level for silence and the inputs? I assume that even with 100% timecode quality, these values can still be adjusted.

Thanks

Posted Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 11:42 am
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anyone?

Posted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 5:34 pm
Hopefully a TC CD user will answer you soon. It takes some users a few days to check the forum.

Posted Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 2:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)