Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Set filter to be the default effect when no effect is selected on controller?
I have a Hercules Inpulse 500 which has 4 fx buttons (for mixer effects), and I find that it's not quite enough. I was wondering if it would be possible for VDJ to default to the filter effect when none of the effects are selected on the controller. That would give a total of 5 mapped effects. Is this do-able?

Posted Sun 18 Feb 24 @ 3:32 pm
RST75PRO InfinityMember since 2023
I'd like to set mine up like this too! I managed to figure out how map the other buttons, so may have a go at this (unless someone can tell me of course 😆)

Posted Tue 20 Feb 24 @ 8:36 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you could have 8 or more if you wanted. It's pretty easy.

you've got 4 mixerfx buttons mapped like this
deck all filter_activate 'Filter'
deck all filter_activate 'Echo'
deck all filter_activate 'Pitch'
deck all filter_activate 'Noise'

and their LEDs mapped like this
deck all filter_activate 'Filter' ? blink : on
deck all filter_activate 'echo' ? blink : on
deck all filter_activate 'pitch' ? blink : on
deck all filter_activate 'noise' ? blink : on

for 8 possibilities you could remap like this [just example 1 case]
deck all filter_activate 'Filter' ? deck all filter_activate 'cut' : deck all filter_activate 'Filter'

and LED like this
deck all filter_activate 'Filter' ? blink : deck all filter_activate 'cut' ? blink 250ms : on

if it wasn't on filter then first press brings it on to filter, second press brings it to cut
if was on filter already it press just goes to cut.
original type blinks at original speed, second type blinks fast.

Posted Tue 20 Feb 24 @ 8:52 pm
RST75PRO InfinityMember since 2023
Thanks locodog, I've been reading through your script school thread and playing about trying to learn more! Excellent work, cheers!

On the inpulse 500 there are the 4 FX buttons and a knob to adjust wet/dry... If none of the FX buttons are activated that knob does nothing... I think the OP (but definitely me!) would like that permanently mapped to filter when no fx button is active. Then reassign the redundant filter button to another effect.

Reckon that's possible mate?

Posted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 7:41 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I thought I'd explained enough

deck all filter_activate 'Echo'

becomes

deck all filter_activate 'Echo' ? deck all filter_activate 'filter' : deck all filter_activate 'Echo'

take the time to actually understand the logic and the script that makes it happen.

Posted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 12:24 pm
locoDog wrote :
you could have 8 or more if you wanted. It's pretty easy.

This is super clever! Thank you, I'll give it a try.

Posted Sun 05 May 24 @ 3:03 pm