Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Already played track is not marked
Yesterday I note that I did not get the usual marking of the "already played track".
VDJ build 7831.2028
Are there a setting for this?

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 8:02 am
The volume faders must be up to produce audible output and played for several seconds to register. The default time is set to 45 seconds in the History settings.

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 8:29 am
Yes and after 4 hours gig both faders has been up several times :)
It use to work, but not yesterday.

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 8:52 am
Did it record history for those tracks?

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 9:16 am
I will check that later today when I see the equipment again.

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 9:18 am
What is the equipment? Are you using an external mixer setup?

As Les mentioned, the fader (of the software mixer) needs to be up, as well as X amount of time passing.

With external mixers, VDJ can't know whether the hardware fader is up - assuming no MIDI feedback.

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 10:26 am
Yeah I know the basic requirement and preconditions for the function to work, and it has always worked before. Am using XDJ-RX3 in external mixer mode as always.
Just strange, always worked before.

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 12:41 pm
When looking into history, there is nothing saved on yesterday.
When testing today it works, history is saved and already played mark appears.
I tested this both with internal and external mixer mode with XDJ-RX3

*** EDIT ***It must be like this:
I note that on my skin I use (Blocks) the mixerpart can be hidden, which I do since I anyway use external mixing and don't need to see the faders. If these faders on the skin is in zero position, the history won't be saved, and thus not be marked as played.
The day before yesterday I had a power outage which shut down the entire equipment including VDJ so it did not save properly. When it started up again, I guess the faders were turned down to zero on the skin.

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 4:39 pm
Maybe just a gremlin. Hasn't happened to me as I backup the DB and history after every gig.

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 5:01 pm
It is actually stated in the manual that the faders should be left at the top (recommended position).

I was wondering earlier, presumably with the faders left up and an external mixer (with no MIDI control of the faders) the history records every track played for the set time, even if you just cued it.

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 5:07 pm
I don't get any history records for only cue'd tracks, tried right now.

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 5:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 16 May 24 @ 4:06 pm
Yes I know, but it is still possible with external mixer mode (as in the case with my RX3) if I just keep the vdj faders all the way up.
When track has played 45 sec, it will be regged as played.

Posted Thu 16 May 24 @ 6:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, but were your software faders up ?
In Ext mixer mode the device doesnt send any Midi on the faders, so you get sound because of the hardware mixer, but since you dont see the software ones on your skin, you didnt notice

You dont have any volume/level actions mapped to any ONINIT key or similar, or some other device connected except the RX3 ?

Posted Thu 16 May 24 @ 6:26 pm
Exactly. No other device except RX3
My mistake was that I did not notice the vdj faders were reset to zero after I had a power outage and vdj did not close correctly.
The next day when I started the gig I went on as usual and since the faders are hidden I did not notice they were in zero position.
But that is clear now, and no problem with the software just a silly mistake from my side :)

Posted Thu 16 May 24 @ 7:34 pm
Maybe you could add a script to check fader position and give you some visual feedback...

....or just set the faders to 100% ONINIT

Posted Fri 17 May 24 @ 9:38 am
im having similar issues as this. but its not effecting all media played and only logs certain media to the history. i have tried various options from my main prime 4 with faders up and internal with no controller connected but still getting the same results and have reduced history time threshold.

i use a color filter to mark played files and also to identify audio from video and this again isnt working on all media.

using build v2024 b8124

Posted Fri 17 May 24 @ 10:55 am
groovindj wrote :
Maybe you could add a script to check fader position and give you some visual feedback...

....or just set the faders to 100% ONINIT

Very good idea Groovin, I will try something like that. Never did ONINIT scripting but I will learn about it. Thanks!

Posted Fri 17 May 24 @ 5:20 pm