Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New to VDJ and can't figure out how to use Preview
wardc254PRO SubscriberMember since 2023
I'm coming over from Traktor and learning from scratch, so please be patient with me. In Traktor, I can preview a song in my headphones and move the main/cue knob to only CUE and and then just hear the previewed song. I can also jog along in the song with the rotary dial. Now, in VDJ, I can hit preview, but it only plays when I place the fader in the middle of the Rane Four. So, my question to y'all is:

1. How do I set it up that I can preview the track with just dialing in the cue sound?
2. Can I create a key function w/ my Rane Four to scroll through the preview or must I do that manully?

Posted Wed 15 May 24 @ 8:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We are talking about Deck preview (Track loaded to a Deck), right ?
Not the Preview Player of VirtualDJ at the right side of Browser (for Browsed Track)

Drivers installed ?
Speakers and Headphones connected to Rane Four ?
Audio Setup is as per Manual ? https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/rane/four/setup.html

If all the above are correct, then you should be able to preview the Deck without having its Vol fader up, by just having the top-panel-mixer Channel/Deck CUE button enabled, the front panel CUE MIX knob to CUE and the front panel CUE VOL to a high position.

If for some reason you dont have the above audio setup or your Headphones/speakers are connected differently, let us know how you have them.

Posted Thu 16 May 24 @ 4:22 pm