Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help Can't Open mp3 encoder

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

we have vista on laptop, got hercules dj control mp3 with VDJ .3.1. whenever I try to record or broadcast it comes up with cant open mp3 encoder. mate told us that we need Ver. 4 or above, so downloaded normal trial and it still comes up with the same thing. Any ideas. Dont know whether I would need a full version to get it to record and broadcast.

Thanks in advance.

Dek

Posted Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 3:24 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
If you installed the latest demo, go in recording and select plugin that is located in My Documents (or Users in Vista) and then folder VirtualDJ>Plugins and select "lame_enc.dll" file inside.

Posted Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 3:38 pm
it comes up as that whenever we try it but it still says it wont open

Posted Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 3:53 pm
richlPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm having the same issue using XP and version 5.1

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 1:06 am
When I Start Recording It Pops Up Saying Record Error Can't open MP3 Encoder. Plz I Be Glad If Someone Could Help Me

Posted Sun 08 Feb 09 @ 1:28 pm
Try puting the lame DLL file in windows>system32. That may work.

Keith

Posted Sun 08 Feb 09 @ 1:55 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
To record, you need to have the Lame mp3 encoder in the Virtual DJ program file folder.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?lame_enc

Download and unzip in the VDJ folder located at either c:\programfiles\virtualdj for version 4.3 nad below or my documents\virtualdj for version 5 and up.

Posted Sun 08 Feb 09 @ 3:03 pm
That's it! You have to copy the lame_enc.dll file from the plugins folder (which is found under c drive, documents and settings, virtual dj, etc.) and paste it into the c drive (or wherever you have the program installed), program files, virtual dj folder! The previous message said it works with version 4 and below, but it works for 5.2 which is what I have installed. I'm recording again Thanks guys :)

Posted Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 10:53 am
Nice, Thanks mate!

Posted Thu 18 Mar 10 @ 12:18 pm
bobu32LE userMember since 2010
Yeah, it works :D

Posted Thu 24 Jun 10 @ 1:20 pm
Ok, I vdj version 6. can I use the same download and would it work with window 7?

Posted Tue 20 Jul 10 @ 7:53 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i had the same problem and for some reason my file wasnt like lame.dll it had lame_enc.dll how did that come about. and thanks for this thread was really useful.
and jedi it works with W7, i use W7 as well and it runs very well

Posted Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 8:44 pm
I'm using the virtual dj home edition & I don't have lame_enc.dll file. I need it to broadcast, can anyone help me with this problem

Posted Mon 04 Oct 10 @ 5:58 pm
jmast98Home userMember since 2012
I'm going to record a song and tells me that I can't open the mp3 encoder what should I do???tell me plzzzz :(

Posted Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 1:19 pm

Posted Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 1:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)