Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SMS on Screen - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I Think this as been talked about before
but is there a way to plug in your moblie phone into VDJ to diplay the SMS text messages that have been seen to it. on VDJ Screen abit like the scrolling text plugin.. ??? I have seen some club systems that can do this but not in VDJ...

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 10:56 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sbdj has suggested he will be making a plug in for this option, how far down the road he has got with it i'm not quite sure as normally he has a "more to do list" then what the government has, suppose we just have to be patient and wait until it's unleashed onto us.

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 12:17 pm
Hopefully it not to long....

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 12:46 pm
totally agree with you on that one...

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 2:46 pm
would love to see this, a prog where you can bluetooth your phone or usb it to gig pc, an it exports all incoming messages to an editable screen where you can just copy & paste it into a scroller.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 2:28 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sorry guys, but I just don't see the point,

Who would want to see a message that I got on my phone, or anybody in my crowd got on there's!!!! or I'm I missing something here.

It just seems silly idea to me IMO.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 3:06 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
TopHouse wrote :
would love to see this, a prog where you can bluetooth your phone or usb it to gig pc, an it exports all incoming messages to an editable screen where you can just copy & paste it into a scroller.

Already being added to ScrollText ;)

Jimmy - it allows text message requests and shouts to be displayed on the screens. A lot of places have been doing this for a long time...

Posted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 5:46 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks Scott,

but I've never seen it before with the clubs and bars near me.

jimmy b wrote :
It just seems silly idea to me IMO.

Each to there own I guess!!!

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 12:27 am
Ok how does it work, obviously u need to be online for it to work, but how do u get ur own # to have people to text to. I see it at concerts and such just wondered how it really worked behind the scenes.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 2:00 am
hey jimmy, when this is sorted you're gonna have some fun, mind depending on the crowd you have you may also be a little bit more busy behind the decks editing messages, usually clubs and bars charge for punters to put there texts up on screen (using a premium service) so if scott's version is standard rate can you imagine the response it will have.

another great selling tool from scott for us.... wey hey

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 4:25 am
You don't need to be online, you just need a mobile phone available.

Basically get a PAYG phone (or a cheap contract one) and it will communicate with that. It communicates serially, so will work with Bluetooth and also USB/Irda depending on a few other things.

You recieve message on phone, message appears in scrolltext window. You select (possibly edit) then approve message for display.

This means it's only a standard rate charge for a message. Some more unscrupulous people also use harvested numbers for advertising, although I personally hate spam in all it's forms...

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 7:50 am
Check Out Textlive.com great product.. Doesn't intergrate with VDJ but you can do chat and voting polls.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 2:06 am
Is there a possibility or likelyhood that this update to ScrollText or maybe ScrollTXT now (LOL) will be ready before December. Can see this being very very useful?!

Ross

Posted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 8:20 pm
scolltext its one of the best plugin for vdj and the sms option will be very usefull
nice work sbdj!!

Posted Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 6:16 am

Posted Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 6:03 am
I have a nokia e71 but canĀ“t get it working with Iwall.

Looks great buy the way

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 1:36 am
I have actually managed to integrate iWall with VirtualDJ in the past ;)

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 5:34 am
SBDJ,

I know that many people are waiting on your sms plugin.
But can you tell us how far you are or if it's ready within .......months ?

Thanks

Dj Anthony

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 5:55 am
It's not too far away to be honest.

I'm still trying to decide whether to implement per-message settings in this version or not. It's a fair bit of work, but do-able.

Posted Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 5:09 am
Thanks for the answer SBDJ.

We'll wait and see.

:-)

Posted Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 5:13 am
28%