Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Esi Maya 44 USB *Reviews*

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gogosdsHome userMember since 2007
If you are a user of maya 44 please leave your reviews here about the soundcard

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 5:28 pm
I give it a thumbs up. I had a MK2 and it was nice but the Maya is alot better IMHO. I know there are many far better soundcards than the Maya, but it's definetly a upgrade from the MK2

Syberman

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 1:08 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
syberman wrote :
I give it a thumbs up. I had a MK2 and it was nice but the Maya is alot better IMHO.

Same here, can't fault mine with TCV's. Much better than my RMX aswell.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 1:16 am
Maya 44 has always trouble free with vdj,maybe this is one soundcard that was built specially for vdj.I also own a u46mk2 but I give maya44 the edge,excellent soundcard.Works great with vista too.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:19 am
a great tool to have, except you cant run samples. other than that its GREAT.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 10:33 pm
It's my backup soundcard and it has always did its job. :)

Posted Sat 16 Aug 08 @ 7:07 am
spam4usPRO InfinityMember since 2007
why can't you run samples......please explain.

thanks

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 12:04 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I suspect he means run the samples on their own channel (3-Line External Mixer mode) as the Maya-44 USB doesn't have enough outputs.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 9:49 am
I suspect he means run the samples on their own channel (3-Line External Mixer mode) as the Maya-44 USB doesn't have enough outputs.

Regards,

Scott

thats what i meant. other than that its a great tool to have.

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 10:53 pm
so its a good buy? i heard problems like dropout and sound quality :S

Posted Thu 21 Aug 08 @ 9:15 am
Will this card work for timecode, yes it will. Is there other cards out there with better sound quality yes there are. This is coming from a guy who has owned the Maya USB 44. Im currently using the Audio 8 card, and have also used the Torq Connectivity card as well, and both of these cards are far better the Maya. You get what you pay for , the Maya USB is a great low budget soundcard.

Posted Thu 21 Aug 08 @ 12:22 pm
ok thanks for you help :)
by the way is it possible to "edit" a vdj skin?

Posted Thu 21 Aug 08 @ 4:58 pm
purezhaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I recently got the maya 44 and am having some problems getting it going. I'm using a cd deck one side and turntable on the other. I am getting 100% quality on the cd deck but absolutely nothing on the turntable. the maya input for the turntable does not even light up. i play regular vinyl on this turntable and it works fine. I also am getting very reduced and poor sound. If I remove the maya 44 my stanton mixer sounds great. while the cd plays there is a little feedback in the background. any pointers?

Posted Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 12:34 am
IamAbPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you wanna go a step better in sound quality than the Maya, which soundcard do you recommend?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 3:04 am
Audio8

Posted Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 4:08 pm
what about the virtual vinyl soundcard box if you can get it by itself?

weren't these suppose to be one the one-stop solutions for vdj soundcards?

Posted Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 5:26 am
don't belive you can buy the VV soundcard by itself

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 10:52 am
when i emailed numark about the vv card he said that it should be out by its self in the near future but the near future to some ppl is 5 years out

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 8:53 pm
FOR PUREZHA........try to use preamplifier for the turntable before you conect it to maya........i think its called RIA preamps

Posted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 10:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)