Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: iDJ2 with Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi to all
sorry to bother
Can someone pls advise me is the iDJ2 able to control the Vitrual DJ on Mac ?
thanks

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 2:16 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Only by ripping the Time-Code CD's to a iPod/Harddrive/Thumbdrive and hooking the iDJ2 up to your soundcard.

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 4:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It would not be suitable for use with VDJ i belive it has one signal output from the mixer so timecodes would not be possible, sorry.

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 7:04 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
could be used with the single-timecode mode though....
but yeah, it's not exactly designed for this:P the iDJ2 works good as it is :D

Posted Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 6:16 pm
Thanks for the info
Will try the timecode CD onto iPod

cheers

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 1:27 am
Hi all pro DJs'

I am thinking of buying the Numark - iDJ2 Professional DJ Mixer to use with Virtual DJ. I am a newbie so I have some learning to do... From what I read here..some are saying that it's not good to use the iDJ2 with VirtualDJ...and here's the reason "It would not be suitable for use with VDJ i belive it has one signal output from the mixer so timecodes would not be possible, sorry."...can somebody explain why on that comment?? and what does "timecodes" means?? again..newbie here...Currently I am learning how to use VirtualDJ and I want to learn how to mix video musics.. I saw the iDJ2 at my local Best Buy..so was wondering if it's good before I buy it. I have discounts on it..

Thanks,
AnhLun

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 3:58 pm
Hey i'm a newbie too, i just started today. Well my question is how do you hook up Virtual DJ to iDJ2? I already have iDJ22 and Virtual DJ but i'm not sure how to connect them?

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 5:59 pm
You can't use it to control VirtualDJ - It's not MIDI capable and it does not have separate line outputs for each deck to allow it to be used with timecode (I.e: As you could with separate standard DJ CD players or vinyl decks.)

However, its mixer does have line inputs, so you could use it as an audio mixer to mix the audio from VirtualDJ - I.e: Use the external mixer option in VirtualDJ's sound setup and a 5.1 sound card or DJ sound card with two outputs (E.g: Numark DJIO) to output the sound of each deck in VDJ separately to the two line inputs of the IDJ2.

To use it in this way, you would hook up suitable cables from your sound card(s) into the line inputs of the IDJ2. Then use the line input selection buttons to choose line input instead of the built-in decks.

Click on PLAY on the appropriate deck in VDJ and the sound will now be output through the IDJ2 to the sound system you have hooked up to it. You can then use crossfader, volume, bass, treble, etc. controls on the IDJ2 mixer to manipulate the sound. However, as above you will not be able to control any function in VDJ from the IDJ2 (I.e: You can't stop/start playback, use cue points, trigger effects, etc. in VDJ by pressing buttons on the IDJ2 - A MIDI capable controller is required for this such as Hercules DJ Console RMX, Numark OmniControl, etc.)

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 12:22 pm
k_one, how do u use the thumbdrive with the timecode rip on it to connect to idj2 to connect to the sound card?

Posted Wed 01 Jun 11 @ 9:11 pm
Only by ripping the Time-Code CD's to a iPod/Harddrive/Thumbdrive and hooking the iDJ2 up to your soundcard.

how do u use the thumbdrive with the timecode rip on it to connect to idj2 to connect to the sound card?

Posted Wed 01 Jun 11 @ 9:15 pm
Can the Numark iDj2 control virtual dj?

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 12:19 pm
As already explained in the posts before yours, it can't control VirtualDJ in any way because it's not a MIDI controller. It's designed and intended for stand-alone use with an iPod and/or USB media.

It's also unsuitable for timecode use because it lacks separate deck outputs to be able to route the timecode signal from each deck to a VirtualDJ.

Your best option would be to sell it and then purchase a MIDI controller that's natively supported by VirtualDJ.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 12:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)