Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Keep getting DirectX Error - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

check your sound settings.. You closed VDJ at one setting then open it up at another while VDJ still thinks of the original setup but could not open at that setting so it tryed to create the original it was a immatation but not quite like the first so the second effort gives it's best shot but VDJ still gives it's best effort to do what it can with the info at present.... So it gives you an error.

issue resolved...

Posted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 8:55 pm
I am a newbie to the scene and I am having some trouble with VDJ Version 5. I thought it was some equipment plugged into my usb ports but apparently not as I have learned from the last gig. I finally figured out that it has something to do with running the karaoke function. Everything seems to work fine until I play that first karaoke song. Then my mouse point turns into a little stick looking thing and the music starts to skip eventually completely freezing up. I did receive a Direct X error last time this happened but I have already downloaded the newest Direct X drivers or so I thought, anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 8:45 am
asianpanamanian wrote :
I am a newbie to the scene and I am having some trouble with VDJ Version 5. I thought it was some equipment plugged into my usb ports but apparently not as I have learned from the last gig. I finally figured out that it has something to do with running the karaoke function. Everything seems to work fine until I play that first karaoke song. Then my mouse point turns into a little stick looking thing and the music starts to skip eventually completely freezing up. I did receive a Direct X error last time this happened but I have already downloaded the newest Direct X drivers or so I thought, anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Oh and I also use a Hercules RMX Console with the program.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 8:46 am
Have you updated to the latest DirectX yet? The lastest runtime came out in March of this year, and you can find it here.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 4:14 pm
I will try that this evening thank you for your reply discjockeydoc!

Posted Sat 18 Jul 09 @ 2:52 pm
No worries ;) I hope it does the trick for you!

Posted Sat 18 Jul 09 @ 9:37 pm
Hi!

I have the RMX-controller, and I have these sound problems when trying to use the Virtual DJ 6.0-version. Everything works fine with the console version (the controller buttons are lit). When I have the setting Sound Card: 4.1 Card I get the error: "Error in the sound driver of directx". When I have the setting Sound Card: ASIO driver, I get no contact with the mixer (no buttens are lit etc.).

What could be the problem? Has the solution alreade been mentioned above?

Regards
/Fredrik

Posted Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 3:16 pm
PS. I have tried to inactivate my SoundMax soundcard on the laptop (completely new HP-laptop, Windows XP). I have installed diraxtx 10.
DS.

Posted Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 3:20 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
never mind mate i'm still stuck on that level.

Posted Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 4:52 am
easy to fix this sound error

config>>sound setup>>sound card >>primary sound driver

then play a track works for me

good luck dj-bugzzy

Posted Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 5:15 am
i hav the same problem with the DirectX sound card problem, and hav tried all sorts but still can't get it to work, i am using a pioneer DDJ ERGO, can someone please help me.....

Posted Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 2:09 am
also i am using VirtualDJ LE (DDJ-ERGO)

Posted Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 2:14 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
You need to install DirectX 9.xx even if you have a newer version installed on your system.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 4:48 am
Please don't bump old threads. This topic is from 2009 and is over 2 years old.

If you need to continue this discussion, please open a new topic by clicking the pen and paper icon at the top of the main topics list.

[Old topic closed]

Posted Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 6:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)