Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to create VDJ files?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djfybPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi, I am new to the Virtual DJ environment and I ask myself how we can create VDJ files from WAV files? If it possible or we absolutely have to go through the mix itself? It seems for me that the VDJ files looks (from their role) just like WAV. Is it a plugin I can add or use to convert WAV files into VDJ files since the software does not accept any WAV files as samples?

The thing is I built series of different sound FX and Beats sequences, and some voices as well, specifically to be used during DJing. I use now Virtual DJ in combinaison with the regular Numard CDMix1 and a Vinyl table. My possibility to use the WAV can be transfer to a CD where I can actually play it through the CFMix1 but I would prefer to use it in Virtual DJ as the samples feature seems to have a very nice property to follow the beat.

Thank you for any hint.

DJ FYB

Posted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 9:55 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sampler will play MP3 files. Just convert them to MP3.

Posted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 10:37 pm
djfybPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Very-very kool! it is perfect. I just did not know that it was possible to use MP3. Now it makes more sense!!!

Thank you!

=:-)

DJ FYB

Posted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 10:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
for future reference aslo .vdj files are actualy .ogg files

Posted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 1:20 am
But what program do you use to create .vdj file? Or can we convert .vdj to mp3, using what software?

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 3:22 pm
how to create vdj file

Posted Sat 03 Dec 16 @ 6:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)