Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ & PCDJ VJ - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
That is true....all the new releases will be virtualdj before the others get theres. Also I think Virtual DJ has a much larger community, and everyone here seems to help others out. However it is a good thing, just means that Atomix is growing much bigger. I think alot of good things are to come. Look at Serato, they were supposed to release the video plug-in months ago.....still no sign of it.
So as you can see Virtual DJ is way ahead of the game, giving us DJ/VJ more options (even tho you may not need all of them). Keep up the great work DEVTEAM.

Posted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 7:36 am
dj-e-lectric wrote :
My guess is PCDJ couldn't beat VDJ...pcdj has been promising PCDJ Vj by "next month" for over 2 years now, they had 2 years plus the year they told us it was being developed (Maybe Longer and in the end they just scrapped their product development and bought VDJ....

True!

Here’s some additional information taken from the PCDJ VJ - VIDEO JOCKEY forum (16th post)

http://message.pcdj.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16945

Quote :
Originally posted by Ryan [Ryan is basically the internet spokesperson for PCDJ]
So you guys have a little history here. The original product we set out to do with another outside team, previous to our acquisition, was never going to amount to a solid product for our market. It was directed under our previous development manager, who failed to manage on some very important features...one being proper headphone cueing. So, when D1 took over here, and that person was no longer in control of the project, we assessed were it was at and where it needed to be. We found that it wasn't going to ever be what we wanted, so we decided to look for alternative options. Some may even remember the old VJ version since we displayed it at Mobile Beat and NAMM. It had some promise, but it wasn't for you guys, it was for guys that wanted to playback visualizations with audio really....and without the ability to cue in headphones.

PCDJ has been struggling to put out products that can compete in today’s competitive markets. I’ve been affiliated with the company for over 7 years. The company started its decline when Jorgen (a very good software developer) parted ways with PCDJ/Visiosonic. Although he is back, the company is still struggling to release Reflex—it should have been released back in March of this year. To have a once very proud company humbly acknowledge that VDJ is the best on the market when it comes to mixing video says a lot. However, to have the same company ask VDJ to do a joint venture indicates how dominant VDJ has become.

OO

Posted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 5:02 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 7:29 pm
I thank God that I bought VDJ the same day I bought my DAC-3. When I saw the clip-bank in VDJ 5, I was 100% sure that it was PCDJ's idea and I thought VDJ stole that feature. I quess now it was just been sold to VDJ.
I think when two companies work together they will give us better features and better program.
VDJ vs PCDJ VJ
SCORE: 1 - 0

Posted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 8:14 pm
djtonis69 wrote :

I think when two companies work together they will give us better features and better program.
VDJ vs PCDJ VJ
SCORE: 1 - 0

I think PCDJ and its community will be a plus for the progress of the software.

VDJ vs PCDJ VJ?

1 vs 1 = a tie ;) both wins..

VDJ gets a larger user base, PCDJ gets a good video mix software as they have promised their users

Posted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 8:42 pm
PCDJ still uses their ass-anighn copy protection scheme of only allowing two installs and then you are sh*t out of luck and have a computer or hard drive crash and need to load it on a machine for that nights gig and you don't have a ton of access codes and an internet connection available.

VDJ load the program, enter your serial number and you are back in business

VDJ = 2, PCDJ = 0 (I subracted a point for PCDJ because this copy protection scheme is SOOOOO RIDICULUS that's one of the reasons I switched to VDJ even when at the time I felt PCDJ was a far superior program for audio (and I was a 5 year user of it since RED and stuggled with the VERY unstable initial releases of FX).

Posted Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 3:00 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
dj-e-lectric wrote :
PCDJ still uses their ass-anighn copy protection scheme of only allowing two installs and then you are sh*t out of luck and have a computer or hard drive crash and need to load it on a machine for that nights gig and you don't have a ton of access codes and an internet connection available.

This is not entirely true. Pcdj is using softwrap now. It allows you to license 2 pc's (much like the eula of vdj says) If you have to reformat your pc at or right before a gig then you've got bigger problems. Even so the softwrap allows a 10 day 20 launch full featured demo. So if you carried the demo with you, you could then make it through the gig sucessfully.

Having said that its up to the user to decide. After the shock of seeing VDJ inside of PCDJ from both camps so to speak, I think people will begin to see the long term benefits of the collaboration.

Posted Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 5:44 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ludek wrote :
And what is better than in the VDJ 5? Solved bug "Last play time" in the browser ;)

Will be solved with next VDJ update, wait and see ;)

Posted Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 9:31 am
I feel the same as you do pcdj made many people wait two years for something that has been out & it is amazing I was an fx user from day one about a year & half ago I switched to vdj & it is the best thing I've done now I get an e-mail that pcdjvj is out I downloaded opened it & I said................ this is vdj so I started posting on the forum to let evryone know how they are trying to sell & make money on someone else is software & I got kick off the forum so I guess that tell evreyone here stay with the people who will always be there for us................
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK VDJ.........

Posted Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 11:57 pm
OO I concur. I said the software should be in the $150-$199 range.

What was promised was a "Swiss Army Knife" application and what was given is a software that will not run on everyones computer. VDJ is way more solid, way more features, way more.....well this could go on and on. The skin is nice but there are way more positives on VDJ than VJ may ever have.

The single thing I hope for out of the deal now is that the DMX dongle from PCDJ will work in the dmx plugin on VDJ.

Not looking back now. PCDJ-DMX is still one of the best softwares for lighting control and I will use it and push it as hard as I can. For performance playback though VDJ is in the house and in the truck.

OO...sorry I gave you so much hell over there. I hope we can move on from that.

Posted Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 3:44 am
Hi guys.

Have you noticed how friendlier this forum is to PCDJs, they do hate folk over there who have spent their hard earned cash on their previous products asking questions of them why they don't work. They state that they never ban folks from their site? oh how we know they are so wrong. PCDJ failed to allow me to upgrade from PCDJFX to PCVJ so there loss in the longterm . I did loose out finacially but as i am now aboard the mother ship i don't really care. VDJ 5.3 is the best yet.

Posted Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 5:45 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
chriso710 -- this site has always been 'friendly' to all users. And I think your characterization of PCDJ is wrong. I read your post in the PCDJ forum and you need to work that issue out with them and NOT here.

BTW, VirtualDJ is Version 5, Revision 2 - 5.0.2

And you will not drum up animosity around here towards other applications or the companies they represent. That has never been the VirtualDJ way.

cstoll
Forum Moderator

Posted Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 6:01 am
Ludek wrote :
And what is better than in the VDJ 5? Solved bug "Last play time" in the browser ;)
Support for the new DENON controller might be considered a plus as well..

Posted Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 9:12 am
@paulheu

If you read the information found at the link bellow (and pages 4 and 5), you will find that native support for the HC4500 has already been pursued. Focus on the comments by the VDJ Teamers:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/74623/General_Discussion/DN-HC4500__CONTROLLER.html?page=3

Paulie_C wrote :
OO I concur. I said the software should be in the $150-$199 range….

OO...sorry I gave you so much hell over there. I hope we can move on from that.

I totally agree with you on the price—I think it should be $199. This would put it in the same price range as Traktor 3 DJ Studio, which doesn’t mix video. As for our differences at PCDJ, I don’t recognize your user name. However, I don’t have any animosity towards anybody—life is too short.

chriso710 wrote :
Have you noticed how friendlier this forum is to PCDJs, they do hate folk over there who have spent their hard earned cash on their previous products asking questions of them why they don't work. They state that they never ban folks from their site? oh how we know they are so wrong. PCDJ failed to allow me to upgrade from PCDJFX to PCVJ so there loss in the longterm . I did loose out finacially but as i am now aboard the mother ship i don't really care. VDJ 5.3 is the best yet.

This website does allow more freedom of speech than PCDJ; it also has better support. I’ve been affiliated with PCDJ for over 7 years. In that time, I’ve lost count of the times that I was banned. Some of the instances were my fault because of what I posted. Other instances could be attributed to PCDJ’s lack of acceptance to its declining competitiveness in my opinion. Nevertheless, I was always allowed back.

cstoll wrote :
chriso710 -- this site has always been 'friendly' to all users. And I think your characterization of PCDJ is wrong.

There’s some truth to what chriso710 posted…. You have many former PCDJ users here—I’m one of them. We are all here for various reasons:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/7940/General_Discussion/Former_current__PCDJ_users___.html?page=1

In closing, I hope we can someday see a new generation VDJ/PCDJ product—VDJ combined with Reflex.

OO

Posted Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 10:27 am
I own PCDJ and VDJ. I find that when I am on a companies forum, if I show respect, I will receive it. I speak my mind, where ever I go, and have never been kicked off a forum. There is a difference between criticism and bad mouthing. I don't come here and promote FX or any other program, and think it is childish when others do it. That's just me. I use VDJ, but have a great deal of respect for those that use something else. I actually got my introduction to the digital DJ world from PCDJ. I got a lot of unselfish help about computers from those guys, as I have from the people on this forum. Can't we all just get along?

Posted Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 10:41 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
I own PCDJ and VDJ. I find that when I am on a companies forum, if I show respect, I will receive it. I speak my mind, where ever I go, and have never been kicked off a forum. There is a difference between criticism and bad mouthing.

True statement. I’ve admitted that some of my previous banned incidents were my fault. However, PCDJ is not as tolerant to constructive criticism as Atomix is. I could be wrong, but Cyder was once banned for posting a screen shot of VDJ. I was once banned for posting my disagreement with PCDJ users having to pay-to-play on PCDJ radio when it was first started years ago. Nevertheless, both companies have partnered together on a project and hopefully it isn’t the last....

OO

Posted Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 11:18 am
Why did Atomix Productions give away its secrets to PCDJ? Would not Atomix want the only Video DJ solution? I guess there was a lot of money involved. Same goes for NuMark Virtual Vinyl. I just hope that the main Virtual DJ program gets all the attention in terms of bug fixing.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 9:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
GargantulaKon wrote :
Why did Atomix Productions give away its secrets to PCDJ?

It's secrets are not given away. PCDJ VJ is a branded and distributed product by Digital 1 just like the CUE and VirtualVinyl products of Numark. And with each branding there are and can be differences.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 9:32 pm
GargantulaKon wrote :

$$$

OO

Posted Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 10:29 pm
Double O wrote :
GargantulaKon wrote :

$$$

OO

More $$$$$$$$ = More lap dances.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 10:32 pm
80%