Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEW CONTROLLER FOR FOR VIRTUAL DJ - ****NUMARK TOTAL CONTROL*** Awesome!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

NUMARK TOTAL CONTROL USB / MIDI TABLETOP DJ SOFTWARE CONTROLLER

Hi res image http://www.skratchworx.com/images/namm2007/big/numark_totalcontrol.jpg

Control your favorite DJ software with traditional DJ hardware

Cumberland, RI – January 1, 2007. Numark, the world’s leading brand of professional DJ equipment and the driving force behind the High-Tech musical revolution, is proud to introduce their innovative Total Control DJ software controller.

Designed with Numark’s “users-first” approach and driven by extensive DJ and developer field testing, Total Control is the missing link for software DJs who yearn for the control they left behind when they switched from traditional mixer to the multi-processing power of laptop DJing. It is now easier than ever for DJs to maximize the potential of their digital music arsenal, trading in time-wasting mouse control for the traditional hardware to which they are accustomed. This fully class-compliant USB MIDI device is the ultimate for any performing computer DJ.

Total Control’s easy-to-use interface is similar to popular Numark crossfader and jog-wheel-based mixing stations like the iDJ² and NuVJ. Total Control’s 31 buttons, 20 knobs and 5 faders send MIDI data from the controller to your DJ software of choice, making the inconvenience of mouse or glide-pad software control a thing of the past. No assignment of software parameters for the Total Control is necessary – simply connect the controller to a computer with a USB cable, enable it on the user’s computer’s “config” menu, and watch the virtual controls respond to Total Control’s actions. It couldn’t be easier.

Considering Numark’s renowned track record in the world of DJ mixers and CD players, it’s a given that Total Control’s layout is optimized for ease of use. Any DJ will be up and mixing on the Total Control within minutes of connection to a Mac OSX or Windows XP computer. And with its USB connectivity, there are no drivers needed. Total Control is USB bus powered, so no adapter is needed, and it also features a Kensington security slot, for secure theft protection.

The Total Control comes packaged with Numark’s Cue Lite and Native Instruments’ Traktor LE software, with already-mapped controls and overlay “skins” for both applications. The functionality of both software packages allows PC and Mac users to play, scratch and mix both audio and video files simultaneously, opening up more mix possibilities than ever before.

But Total Control isn’t limited to a select few DJ software options – DJs can use this powerful controller with any DJ software application that supports MIDI. There is no need to relearn a new software application with the Total Control – users have total control of this unit’s powerful capabilities.

Numark CEO Jack O’Donnell says, “Numark’s Total Control is an exciting new controller that allows DJs to make the most of their favorite DJ software while still using time-tested mixing hardware. Numark is proud to help push DJ technology ahead, while still giving users all the tools they need to excel at their craft.”

Info: http://www.skratchworx.com/news/comments.php4?id=609

(Thanx to Cioce)

A cheaper smaller version is also made for VDJ/Numark Cue and annonced...

iCue Controller

The iCUE is a complete DJ workstation which allows you to mix audio files directly from your computer. The iCUE features the world-class CUE DJ software and a dedicated controller, allowing you to scratch, control pitch and automatically beat match digital music. But that is not all. With built-in sampling, looping and effects processing capability, the iCUE lets you take your mixing to the next level. And with the built-in recorder, you can record your mixes on the fly and burn them on CDs. The iCUE also features video support so you can play, scratch and add effects to video files, making the iCUE an incredible multimedia mixing system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Features

CUE professional DJ software included
Big wheels for scratch, effect, and speed control
Crossfader
Level and pitch controls

Numark Video mixer

This one is made for the Numark program called NuVJ, but will probably also work with VDJ, or maybe the controllers above is a remake of this one...

NAMM is started, so a bunch of news...
More new controllers here :

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/59875/Hardware_Technical_Support/ultimate_guide_to_controllers.html

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 8:23 pm
Don't forget the Numark DMC2. Also announced at skratchworx and the Numark website. For me this could be the replacement of my d-vinyl 2020 and is of more interest than the total control.
Ewout

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 8:33 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what of the kco console?

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 8:36 pm
skyfxl wrote :
what of the kco console?

Just a code name ;) I bet...

K(ue)Co(ntroll)... Or now Total Control

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 8:53 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I always seem to have a problem with new Midi controllers:
1. I didn't Beta Test it, therfore it probably has some niggly things about it (like the Herc, Vestax etc)
2. It doesn't have an onboard soundcard? the onboard 4.1 soundcard on the Herc is its key strength versus other consoles, so one by one we see these midi controllers emerge, and one by one they don't achieve any kind of popularity amoungst Digital DJs.

puting these feelings aside, this controller does look very nice, and as a controller looks far superior to the Hercules in terms of functionality, the parameter controls on the effects and sampler for example, so it provides more creativite potential than the Herc MK2, it also looks pleasing to the eye, although it may not have the charm the Herc MK2 has under low lighting conditions.

I wish these companies would actually engage in an in-depth dialouge with actual digital DJs before releasing these products, what better place to of done that than here?

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 9:28 pm

I for one would 100 time more have the Total Control than the small plastic Herc ;)))

TOTAL CONTROL LOOKS AWESOME! :) right size

And many of us already have a better soundcard than the Herc, so dont need a soundcard ;)

And thats the BEAUTY... you add the soundcard that fits your needs ;)

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 9:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i want i want i want =)

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 9:58 pm
any princing infos from the inside

i just took a look at http://www.skratchworx.com
m-audio also announced a controller, called m-audio xponent

i would prefer the numark though
the m-audio one looks a little bit cheaper and very "plastic"
and pricy, too
US$749.00 WOW

i hope numark will come out with a more "comfortable" price

let's pray~~~~~

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 10:39 pm
Matt0218 wrote :

the m-audio one looks a little bit cheaper and very "plastic"
and pricy, too
US$749.00

In...f..sane... INSANE... you can get a full blood real damn good mixer for that price ;)
Get a nuo4 instead.

The Numark seems to be around $150 (iCue) or a bit more for the Numark branded one.. but not much more I guess

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 10:56 pm
OKay Guys recomendation time.

IF i keep my current configuration the DMC2 is the bad boy for me.

If I want to use the iCue/ Total Control then Thes little tables don't have a sound card.
So at 110db and a loud club environment what would be a good volume card for cueing?

I could not find a line mixers that I can find with a headphone prelisten.

Otherwise I have to use a mixer on top of a mixer and that's always Irked me.

I could always choose mains / headphone out and use a headphone/monitor mixer.

Or I could Keep it simple and just get the DMC2

DJ Marcel

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 2:04 am
Sounds like you have decided;) hehe

There is a wide range of controllers now, so it really comes down to your own personal prefference.

None of them have soundcard, so you'd need that regardless of controller
(expept a few, like BCD2000/3000, Hercules )

But a midi controller is really not "another mixer", at least not how I use it.
Its more a "mouse /keyboard replacer", where I have need play buttins, jogwheels, pitch faders and more on a controller... instead of using mouse.

But I still do all the actuall mixing on a real external mixer:)

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 2:10 am

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 2:13 am

I only have two

1) its f.. insane expensive... damn... almost 800 dollars.. wow

2) its upside down! :) hehe.... it really is... what are those jogs doing on top?

But soundcard from MAudio included is nice;)

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 2:22 am
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Does anyone have a price on this? Is it available now? And I searched, but could not find a picture of the rear of the console (I wanna see the inputs/outputs), if anyone could point me twords one I'd be very grateful! A lots of questions there guys! lol

Cheers,
Rory!

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 4:16 am
oliwynnPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Awesome!!!! absolutely awesome!!! ive been waiting so long for someone to create a good midi controller that is designed specifically for use with Numark Cue (its really vdj isnt it). Ive just bought a bcd2000 and im not very impressed with it. Definitly gonna buy the total control when it comes out. Bcd2000 in the bin (or on ebay if anyone is interested).

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 10:36 am
I don;t know - Numark's web site doesn;t provide any details about MSRP.

I'm gonna call the Local Numark dealer tomorrow too see if they know about this stuff, is it shipping yet and cost.

Numark really should provide more infromation about these sort of things

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 11:09 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
Sounds like you have decided;) hehe

There is a wide range of controllers now, so it really comes down to your own personal prefference.

None of them have soundcard, so you'd need that regardless of controller
(expept a few, like BCD2000/3000, Hercules )

But a midi controller is really not "another mixer", at least not how I use it.
Its more a "mouse /keyboard replacer", where I have need play buttins, jogwheels, pitch faders and more on a controller... instead of using mouse.

But I still do all the actuall mixing on a real external mixer:)

Then why even bother with a crossfader, pitch controlls, and volumes faders?
This is Advertised as a controller/ DJ Solution and that's how I would use it. To replace both traditional remotes and mixer.

It might not be the greatest for scratching but for everything else it'll work.

looks like a duck
acts like a duck
but it just doesn;t have the sound of a duck

DJ Marcel
Purple ONion NightClub

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 11:24 am
There are going to be a lot of different midi dj control services out over the next year. Feena are bringing out a new model. They still have a few of their own model for a very reasonable price. Faderfox will develop too, for sure. With M-Audio, Vestax and others we don't even know about yet (Pio??) there is going to be very hot competition in a market where the products can be made pretty cheaply.

The important thing is, which will get the interface right. DJ and machine working in harmony?

Could be someone we have never heard of yet.

A

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 12:12 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I love numark, my decks, cd players and mixer are all numark, but I will stick with the hercules. The Numark and the M-audio seem to be stand alone units and seem to take up a lot of space.

I am impressed with these new items, but the Hercules still gets my vote because I can roll up to a club, plug into the mixer and find a space for it and go.

The numarks dont have sound cards, which means I need to use an additional piece, the m-audio is to damn big, and expensive.

The numark and m-audio controllers would be good for home studio's and radio mixing.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 6:38 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Absoluetely correct Santd, creating a controller without a soundcard is like shooting yourself in the foot, it just doesn't work. The Hercules MK2, XP10 and Behringer have all received great reviews in the DJ media and regarded as effective and practical options. For most DJs there are restrictions as to what they can take to Venues, a smallish controller with a built in soundcard like the Hercules MK2 or 2x XP10 are ideal controllers/soundcards, truely plug 'n' play and 'All in one' solutions, they are perfect, and everytime I've shown up with the Hercules MK2 people have been impressed, I promise.

The second option (the most popular) would be to use timecode, either the club has the SSL Box installed and you just need to hook up your laptop (seems to be the case in the U.S), or hardly less convenient to take your own soundcard and timecodes (most common here in the UK). BTW In the area I live (I can't speak for the entire country) Virtual DJ is the industry standard software, when you turn up at a club people assume you are going to use Virtual DJ.

Both of these solutions are effective and practical ways of using Software in a club, quick and easy to set-up and only a small amount of space is required. But no doubt about it, this new Numark controller appears to be great as a controller, but they just wasn't considering the regular Club DJ, the size would be acceptable for some but lack of soundcard is the mother of the mistakes here, great for Radio/home studios though, I may buy one.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 7:56 pm
59%