Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: equipment for d-vinyl2020 ? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

erxon:

Your points are well taken, and I agree with many of them. However, I think that the very innovative VDJ development team should develop its own hardware. As suggested in the Latop or Rackmount For XP10's thread, VDJ should seriously consider doing a joint venture with a company that’s capable of complementing its innovative integrity—like America Audio.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 4:41 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
True, I totally agree with that. But your question was about compatibility with that particular hardware, so I think the answer is in previous post.

About developing their own hardware, will see what the future will bring.

Regards

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 5:19 pm
Hello all, glad to see the slow death of D-Vinyl 2020 hardware lives on. I was the USA Beta Tester for D-Vinyl 2020. I'd like to share the old review of D-Vinyl 2020, which may help to answer most of the questions here. I had it on my website, but took it down. But I have decided to put it back up at: http://www.axledentaldj.com/d-vinylreview.html

the review has had its pictures removed. If you want to see some of the pictures of the D-Vinyl 2020 control records, prototype of the controller, and pictures of the D-Vinyl 2020 s/w, please email me and I'll send them to anyone that asks. I also have an early draft of the review! I don't have the beta D-Vinyl 2020 s/w that had Master Tempo and Flanger effects. I do know, that the only main difference between the Prototype of the D-Vinyl 2020 controller and the retail version is that the Big Jog wheel's Pot posisiton is a 24 position type and not like the prototype which had 44 positions. So scrolling through the Playlist of Only 99 tracks per side was way too smooth on the retail version of the D-Vinyl 2020 controller. BTW, the demo videos of DJ Electra/ aka Dj Glen/ aka Dj Cyberia were taken by me and my girlfriend at the LA Guitar Center store!!!!.

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 5:44 am
Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 17:19:27 by exron: “your question was about compatibility with that particular hardware, so I think the answer is in previous post.”

exron:

I wasn’t questioning compatibility; I was questioning this innovative endeavor by the VDJ Development Team from a marketing perspective. Example—If I had D-Vinyl, why would I want to purchase VDJ? Furthermore, if I had VDJ and bought D-Vinyl, I would be “spending cash on things [software] I won't use” (the quote was taken from your above post dated Sat Jun 04 @ 18:05:23). My point is that most DJ’s who own either software would probably avoid the extra expense of acquiring the additional software. However, I could be wrong. Despite my opinion, this endeavor illustrates the innovative integrity of the VDJ Development Team!

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 18:05:23 by exron: “I don't see why another controller is requiered?”

It’s not; Visiosonic has PCDJ Scratch (http://www.pcdj.com/Products/Scratch.asp) which doesn’t require a controller, Scratch Amp, etc. The software allows you to connect turntables or CD Players directly into a computer and scratch with time-coded vinyl or cd’s. Since I don’t have PCDJ Scratch, I can’t give you an opinion on it. However, from the PCDJ Scratch Forum (which I have access to), many users like the product. I would like to see the VDJ Development Team implement a similar method of scratching for VDJ 2.1.

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 8:15 am
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I thought DJC was already "flashy", specially while it turns on, but d-vinyl2020 beats DJC console by far....
What are all those leds for???

Anyways, it has a nice desing, and surely it will work great for all of you guys waiting for a PRO solution, but as far as I only mix in my room in my free time.... that's not for me.

thanks to all my fans (including my dog and the neightbour above).

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 10:22 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@ Double O

Yea I know it came to missunderstanding, but your first post didn't give enought data to see that question (well at least to me...).

True, owners of ASIO controller probably won't buy VDJ (unless they find it much much better), and VDJ users (like me) don't want to buy a whole new controller for CDs, if they (I) only need the device for timecode transfer.

So when I asked about that device, I also ment a device that uses d-vinyl protocol (or indirectly, it's currently supported by software I wan't to use - VDJ). I really don't want PCDJ Skratch, just because it supports Vinyl control in an easy way, the same goes for FS. So, I have no choice untill I find that kind of device that matches my requierements, or (exactly the same as you) wait for an update of VDJ team (which of course I'm asking for). :)

Thanks for your opinions.

@ axledentaldj

Guess I'll have to send you an e-mail to see those VIDEOS you took :)

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 6:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)