Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ Console Mk2 - Pros & Cons Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mcdj7Home userMember since 2006
What are the pros and cons of the DJ Console Mk2?

What are the hardware and software advantages/inconvenients compared to other USB DJ devices, in the same price range?

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 6:14 am
in same price range : ALL CONS! no doubt... you cant get anything in that pricerange that will work as good as Herc mk2 with VDJ (at least as of now, but new controllers might hit the market soon)

Compared to others that cost a bit more :
Pros:
- Price
- Mobility (small and light)
- All-in-one controller, a mixer
- native support in VDJ
- great mapper plugins for custom functions for buttons
- jogwheels that can scratch
- great soundcard
- 2 x line in for connecting external devices (real vinys/cds or timecode)

Cons
- might be a bit too small for real pro feel
- a bit of plastic feel / look
- asio drivers are not the best I've tested. A bit bad sound at tc scratch
- no volume control for line-in, so a bit of work lowering the volume of the physical timecode cd
- Software eq's in external analogue input mode is a bit buggy (skips), but might be fixed by VDJ
- scratch is not true vinyl feel (lacks touch sensitive platter, to hold the record from spinning in VDJ)

My personal pro/con list. I'm sure others will have other feedback...

The biggest con would be that there will be better controllers in the future.
But that goes for any dj hardware you get ;) Future will always bring something better..

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 2:09 pm
as i have no experience of the hercules as yet ,i cant comment on that consonle,but i will advise you not to even consider buying the behringer bcd2000!!it is complete and utter crap and a total waste of money,only works with one brand of software that comes with the console ,and that software is the worst dj software ive ever used,had it since3 friday ,ive had to reinstall it twice,blue screens,bad audio ,skipping audio only when listening to music not even mixing ,the console not communicating with the software,the list goes on and on ,trust me steer clear ,iyt really is that bad
hopefully get my herc this week somepoint,fingers crossed its an improvement,
neil

Posted Mon 01 May 06 @ 9:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)