Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: SMS TEXT Requests, Pics & Vids - HOT

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cerriexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
any way to hook up my mobile phone so VDJ can detect, so that people can text me there song request, and even better there pictures and videos???

Posted Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 8:40 pm
vids and pics can be output onto screen.... this should be a challenge!!!!

Posted Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 10:21 pm
work ?

Posted Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 1:36 am
right... the only way ive managed to get this to work is via bluetooth! BUT, you then have to manually recive the pics and vids when sent to your PC,

easyer if you have a 2nd pc networked.. and use slide show when pics and vids are in correcty DIR!

This goes down a treat at the pub!!!

Let me know how you find it!!!

Posted Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 11:54 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What software do they use in the big clubs? To get the text messages up on the screen?

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 3:10 pm
DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Why not just log into the net (on the show) and tell your guests to send requests and camera pics to, for example, 'djtroylive@partyfrog.ca'.

Set your e mail software to check mail every minute or so and to automatically download attachemnts to the default slideshow folder. ...or you just do it manually...

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 3:39 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Nice idea DJTroy... but you need to have internet at the club.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 1:42 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if its only email with a few attachments it would not be expensive to just use your 3G phone (or CD/MA if you have that) and settup a connection on that

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 2:30 am
3G connection costs a fortune in france :(

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 3:06 pm
DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Try to get the cell phone provider to sponsor the show. They are who really wins when hundres of messages and photos get sent to the DJ...

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 3:14 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Guys, I love this idea...
BlueTooth is a great technology....
I think that it can be done... I can't remember the name of the program but it was a program wich played your videos/ pics if you sent it trough IR (infrared)
It was a video player/ pic-slideshow, maybe someone out there know wich it is... but before I sent the videos/pics I had to write ".engir" or something like that... then it played the files automaticly, even in full screen mode........

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 8:52 pm
Unfortunately bluetooth is so difficult to interface between a computer and the cellphone.

It would be good if there was a windows program, that would automatically accept all OBEX transfering to the computer, and then with VDJ's slideshow you display the pictures.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 11:42 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The most simple way could be to hire a guy who goes round the club making photos to who wants to be shot... and download images.
By the way, there are many posts about a live webcam feature...

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 11:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)