Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Lost BPM'S Etc - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Rick;
Checked file sizes again. They are same size.
Backup was done on Sunday after I shut down VDJ and before I shut down system.
Have not scanned with any other pgm. Only VDJ on machine.
Now today I am finding that some of the comments that are still there are in numbers instead of words. Also noticed some tracks names have changed; IE Goody Two SHoes - Adam ANt, now shows Two SHoes Anam Ant. Man I am at the end of my rope as I really don't know what to do.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 7:01 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Your tags got messed up somehow.
Is that how they show on your drive?

I would try reloading the program with a fresh full install and run that back up xml database.
Copy BU database into the folder, delete the mp3 txt and then open VDJ.
Right click on database in the browser to the left and it should prompt you for a rescan.
Scan and then see if it comes back.

Thats all I can offer, sorry.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 8:13 pm
I will have to give it a try. But what is the BU database? I don't seem to see that.

Thanks

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 9:33 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Back Up database, the xml database you saved.
I hope you saved the right one.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 10:35 pm
Well I learned that once you get the xml database right you should always keep that one instead of overwriting it. Even when you update the database as I do each and every time I use the system.
Give myself a big SLAP for that.
ANyway I wil try a reinstall later today, when I get back.
Thanks a bunch guys.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 1:56 pm
UPDATE:

Had to do a reinstall and basically start from scratch. There are some files that have comments, and only a few that still show analyzed. But all cue points are gone.
I am now in the process of analyzing and the checking BPM's as they are way off. Example a slow tune which is about 90 BPM shows up as 150 BPM and vice versa. (Tried using both any and techno).
I always back up the XML database, but I was overwriting the previous one. BAD IDEA.
I found out the hard way. I will now keep the XML database until I am sure the newer one is okay.
Coyote & Jason took a look at the Databae files and couldn't find anything wrong. THANKS
Again I want to give a B I G thanks to everyone.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 2:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)