Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: hydra mp3 mixing !!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

high pro mixing mp3

this is s good way to spend some cash if you really like and mixing is your job!!

you have to own a video card that supports hydra (two screens in one cpu) ,3d sound card or two normal cards
so you can have 4 channels

and 2 monitors .. is better if the monitors are twins, if not dosent matter.. ok

so after you config your monitors you have to Enable the multistance option on Atomix options.

open the atomix and place it on the right screen (the second one ) next open again atomix to have two windows center them in both sceens.

I have the oportunity to do this and is prety cool....
but there is a proble whith the Sync it will only work individualy so if you dont have exp on beat sync manully
it will take you some time to get used to it
but when you lern it you will have more posibilities when you mix in a big or small party ....(and its looks cool )

tested on a 1.7 ghz 512 ddr400 and a 128 mb video card whit hydra sistem

Posted Mon 17 Mar 03 @ 5:32 am
cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Does anyone have any more info on this??? i.e. video card used etc...
At the moment I’m running Atomix on 2 separate PC's and 4 sound cards... This allows mixing of 4 simultaneous tracks/loops at once...
If the multi instance could be setup to sync between itself then the possibilities are endless.

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 12:28 am
Ummm bet i go the same video card as u dude (ati 9000 series?) anyways I have always a problem using that with my video card thats installed into my mother board (the one that comes with the pc) and ati has changed my setting where i cant use my other card.....got any tips

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 3:37 pm
nashHome userMember since 2003
yep

you can use any card that suppors two monitors ...
there is problem if you have two video cards....
whith two video cards ..one of the two cards mus support this option (hydra or multiple monitors)ro maybe look for a software.....im gonna spend some time serching for other ways to get two monitors whith the same computer ...

and yhea!!!! the posibilities are infin..!!!!! if the two Atomix can sync in the same pc ....(put that on the wish list)

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 10:03 pm
yeas you can use a ATi radeon 9000 pro for this
if you dont know just ask at the store ....aks for multiple monitors or hydra !!

im gonna search a list for video cards ...

but most of the ati can support this

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 10:15 pm
if you dont wanna buy another sound card and you have the multiple monitors opcion and it doesn't work search for new drivers if your hardware doesn't work search for drivers !!!!

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 10:20 pm
RADEON™ VE a.k.a RADEON 7000
DUAL DISPLAY EDITION (pc desktop)

RADEON™ 7000 MAC EDITION (for mac)

FIRE GL 8800 & FIRE GL 8700

RADEON™ 7500

im sorry but i search for other comp and i get a log of links and nothing....im steel searching for other ways..

im on it maybe other people can hepl ...maybe you!!

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 10:43 pm
3DImage985 (this is a trident)

can hold two monitors but

is not tested!!!

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 11:26 pm
i wanna know if this idea is good or bad and why

maybe i can do somthing to make it better...
tell me your ideas for this mod of mixing using a real powerfull mixer like the atomix (i try other mixing and secuencers but this takes the lead!!)

Posted Thu 20 Mar 03 @ 12:37 am
maybe this can take the atomix to another level of pc mixing!!!!!

Posted Thu 20 Mar 03 @ 12:38 am
why don't you use 2 video cards ...
is much simplier ...

Posted Mon 12 May 03 @ 3:37 pm
I know that...but im using the ati and when i installed it, it just made my ati the dominant video card and the only way i can use it is if i physically go into my PC and remove it manually. my ati has a bunch of ports but i would need to get the names of these ports and find an adapter...Does anyone know where i can find one?

Posted Tue 13 May 03 @ 3:27 pm
i know the name o the ports

the most of the ati cards have the analog monitor port the digital (dvi) and the Svideo

for 2 monitors you need the adapter from digital to analag ...unless you have a digital monitor ....so you just need another monitor.....
and the Svideo (the rounded one is for plug tv or vhs, etc...

but if you have an Ati radeon all in wonder the digital output is white

Posted Thu 22 May 03 @ 2:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)