Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Music Desynch after long time?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a P2-400mhz, 128mb of RAM, 2 sound cards [sb live+sb16] and I think their might be a small bug in atomixmp3. The music sounds perfect but if you keep mixing songs for a long time [like 30 minutes or so], The headphones start to desync from the main output. Even if you stop the song after a long time and play it again [after its already desynched], its still desynched. I even turned off hardware accleration to see what happened. still happens. Why is that happening?

Posted Fri 29 Dec 00 @ 4:33 am
I have the same problem with my SB Live 5.1 card. It starts skipping really bad also after playing for awhile and I must change it to hardware instead of software, which is choppy when mixing.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 01 @ 6:26 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I actually had a similiar problem happen once. I loaded up one track on only one "table" and started to play it back. I changed the pitch, and for some strange reason, Atomix changed the playback speed in the right speaker normally (ie, faster playback), but in the left speaker, it was playing back the file like if the master tempo had been set. I played around with the pitch and Atomix kept doing the same thing. But when I stopped the playback and pressed the play button, the pitch worked like it was supposed to. Gave a nice "chorus" to the song though. ;)

Posted Fri 26 Jan 01 @ 12:32 pm
I had the same experience on my box. I have an AMD Athlon 700mhz w/ 192mb Ram, and a SB Live. The sound started to desync after a while when I was recording. I shut down all programs (Except systray,explorer,et.) and ran memfree to keep physical memory available. I haven't had a problem since...

Goodluck,
Saint James

Posted Fri 26 Jan 01 @ 8:16 pm
No problems for me!

Posted Sun 18 Feb 01 @ 12:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)