Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ Update: v2024 b8044 - Library Missing!
Hey guys, Windows 10, Custom PC Build using both SSD Drives for OS and program installs and HDD for some file storage when not in use on SSD.

Issue: Todays most recent update wiped my 15k song library down to around 300 tracks total across all genres I've purchased and collected over the years. I've seen no way to roll back this update or any way to re-categorize my music how I had it. Keep in mind this was totally perfect before the update that took place today. Has anyone else run into this issue? What are our options?

The files seem to be safe on my drives, however they aren't even in my library in VDJ, and any tracks I bring in have lost their cue and other settings. Thoughts? I've got a show this weekend to prepare for and I'm in a panic. lol.

Posted Fri 29 Mar 24 @ 4:23 am
I've updated to probablyv10 different VDJ2024 versions by now (I'm part of the beta tester team), and I have not experienced my database loose track information
The virtual folders and playlist are different/converted/moved of cause. That is one of the main new features of VDJ 2024. But I assume that is not what you are referring to?

Posted Fri 29 Mar 24 @ 5:53 am
klausmogensen wrote :
I've updated to probablyv10 different VDJ2024 versions by now (I'm part of the beta tester team), and I have not experienced my database loose track information
The virtual folders and playlist are different/converted/moved of cause. That is one of the main new features of VDJ 2024. But I assume that is not what you are referring to?

I imagine you might be right, but for some reason, it's effectively only showing my music from 2022-present. Anything I've collected from as far back as 2004 is entirely gone from my organization, and the only thing I've done was launch the app, update, and saw it was all gone, I just did a stream the other night and my library was perfect then. I've no idea what would have changed this other than the update breaking my libraries

Posted Fri 29 Mar 24 @ 7:05 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you have one database backup done with VirtualDJ (option in the browser) just in case?

Posted Fri 29 Mar 24 @ 9:04 am
djcel wrote :
Do you have one database backup done with VirtualDJ (option in the browser) just in case?

Sadly not, though I did just now set that up at the time of OP. Kicking myself for not having that set up sooner. I didn't see it under all the options in the settings menu since that can get a little chaotic lol

Posted Fri 29 Mar 24 @ 3:43 pm