Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Link tracks "history filters"
just an idea i had for the brand new linked tracks feature (i love the feature by the way)

in the history section, it would be nice to be able to filter it , so that it only gives history results that were played at actual gigs, and this is my theory on how that might be done.

for example, all my gigs are wednesdays and fridays during specific hours
so if i could hit a button that would only give me history results for those days and times,
then i know that the linked songs it gives me were used in a live setting, as opposed to just randomly previewing tracks at home during the afternoon. which would clog the history up with tracks that have no mixing connection to the song.

Posted Tue 27 Feb 24 @ 3:45 pm
+1

Posted Tue 27 Feb 24 @ 10:59 pm
or failing the ability to isolate Gig days ,
even if it could just filter out tracks played before or after a given time of day (for example 9pm-4am)
that could be a more crude way to do it, but would still have some success

Posted Wed 28 Feb 24 @ 3:58 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
To make history more useful (and get more accurate results) you could also set writeHistory option to No while at home, and only turn it on before real gigs. (Possibly on a custom button so you don't forget, or in ONINIT to set a default)

Posted Wed 28 Feb 24 @ 4:38 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
It would be nice to have a turn on or off completly with history ;)

Posted Wed 28 Feb 24 @ 5:06 pm
As I stated in another thread history is showing audio tracks even though they are disabled in the browser

Posted Wed 28 Feb 24 @ 5:09 pm
Adion wrote :
To make history more useful (and get more accurate results) you could also set writeHistory option to No while at home, and only turn it on before real gigs. (Possibly on a custom button so you don't forget, or in ONINIT to set a default)

could there be a additional setting, say, logHistory which just specifies if the played track is added to the history m3u file, or not.
(those writes to the History folder)
And assume the m3u history folder data, is what is being used for Linked Track "History" results.
This is what one really wants to toggle, during a live performance, to allow for more relevant history results to show, in the Linked Track Tab.

while keeping the writeHistory to continue to allow the play count and last play date to be updated.
(database writes)

Posted Wed 28 Feb 24 @ 10:41 pm
Adion wrote :

It could be good but the only thing is this doesnt help to sort the past history, only future history that you record from now right?
most history is in the past... (by definition) so there still is the question of how to sort that :-)

Posted Thu 29 Feb 24 @ 9:20 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could delete the history files you don't need

Posted Thu 29 Feb 24 @ 9:57 am
Or better yet, move the history files you don't need outside the history folder.
Therefore, you will still have access to them if you ever need to, but you'll be also able to clean things up.

Posted Thu 29 Feb 24 @ 10:11 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I could write a script or scheduled event for future turn on/off history logging.

But thinking about dealing with the already logged history bit of it, it would make more sense to make something just cleans up after the fact that runs every day excluding performance days.

I'd need a zip of a backup.

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 5:18 am
my view is that history logging toggled on and off is a great feature, but the downside is that one might simply forget to do so from time to time, or even forget to use it for months, leaving a massive gap in the history.

Manually going through the history to remove non-gig days would be a bit of work (in my case anyways because i have 14 years of history to go through, but granted, it might be the most accurate way to do.

i still think some sort of quick-filter button would be the most non-destructive and hassle free method, and the most versatile. (if it iis possible to do)
imagine one where you can simply turn on or off specific days of the week and times so as to narrow it down, and other quick filters could be put in there too such as key diff, or tempo diff. or "in the last year" etc. just to make it all the more quicker to use the history section.

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 1:36 pm
locodog wrote :
I could write a script or scheduled event for future turn on/off history logging.

But thinking about dealing with the already logged history bit of it, it would make more sense to make something just cleans up after the fact that runs every day excluding performance days.

I'd need a zip of a backup.

i can send you mine, where do i send it to?

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 1:37 pm
dropbox or something like it and pm me the link.

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 4:44 pm
Thing made :) check pms

Posted Sun 03 Mar 24 @ 11:17 pm
Hi all, I got around these issue by setting up a separate "Audio Configuration" called "Prep".

Basically, if you don't have the channel faders up on the channel playing you don't get a history record or play count increment...

...So, what you do is alter this new Prep Audio config to map the "PREVIEW" output to the channels that you would have been using for MASTER. In my case "chan 1&2". Then simply activate the Preview on each Deck and boom - No more messing with your History when prepping for gigs, previewing new music. You'll not have to worry about forgetting to turn it on or off as this will happen naturally when you plug your controller in and switch Audio Config !!

Been using this methodology for years.

I agree though, it would be great if you could have a Prepping mode with things like history, play count disabled. Maybe activated via a button on the top most Header Bar next to Sandbox.

Posted 6 days ago @ 8:56 pm
I made it, it works but Matty1000 thinks favours from me aren't worth anything, even the common courtesy of a reply.

Posted 6 days ago @ 9:05 pm
djrickygold wrote :

I agree though, it would be great if you could have a Prepping mode with things like history, play count disabled. Maybe activated via a button on the top most Header Bar next to Sandbox.

A few years ago I used a skin that would disable the History & Playcount during preparation with a highlighted button.

Just checked and found it - It is in the Settings/Extensions/Skins by PhantomDJ (George) and is called GTS-2K21. There is a dedicated button on the top bar for Preparation that lights up when engaged. I don't recall any other skins that have this, check it out.

Posted 5 days ago @ 12:12 am