Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: AI Vocal Stem Auto Censor/Auto Clean
It would be nice to have a feature where AI silences or replaces profanity words while leaving the rest of the instrumentals playing.

How nice would it be to turn on the auto clean feature in Virtual Dj and then be able to play almost anything without offending the client.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 1:47 am
Interesting.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 4:00 pm
You can do it already using the POI editor and once in place every time the song plays the sweary vocals are missed out. Takes time though with some of the rap songs for obvious reasons.

Would be nice for it to be done automatically though.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 4:28 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Would it though? If swearing is such a big deal would you be ok with just trusting the AI to get it right? Because I don't think it would in all cases.
If no vulgarity is part of your brief and something gets aired, a defence of "AI was supposed to do it" doesn't really stand up, why aren't you using clean edits?

depending on the gig, one slip could mean no future work for that client, I wouldn't be trusting speech to text that much.
See the nonsense YT videos have for auto transcripts and tell me you'd trust your reputation with that kind of accuracy. YT's parent is one of the big players in AI, YT has a massive training set like 30,000 years of video added per year and it's still pretty wonky.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 5:14 pm
It's a good concept but in practice it would probably be quite difficult getting it to work accurately.

Example: Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream. Did he just swear saying those first three words?

Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music. Play that what music?

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 5:15 pm
Even some clean versions are still a bit sketchy, for example Starships by Nicki Minaj.

But here's the thing, even if you play the clean version at a function, even with kids present they still sing the expletives anyway.

I guess it depends on the function and how "formal" it needs to be or perhaps if it's a pub or club gig with only over 18s. I just gauge it on the night but generally try to play clean versions, but if someone asked for an early 2000s rap song that I didn't have the clean version of I probably wouldn't play it.

When I worked in busy city centre bars in the 90s we played the Outhere Brothers stuff and the Kevin Bloody Wilson xmas song without batting an eyelid but I wouldn't now. Just getting old I guess :)

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 5:18 pm