Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tidal HIFI plus subscription - Page: 3

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 11:02 am
Now that they have DJ pricing ..

would hope that stem separation.. would be allowed.. what DJs would want.
(saying that jokingly)

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 12:10 pm
Beaking news - apparently the higher tier for DJs is bringing back stem separation.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 5:55 pm
That is Amazing ! !

Woot !

fingers crossed it's true.

Where have you seen the information.. that Stems separation, will again be allowed with Tidal... with the DJ addon?

This all I see about the change.

Note: It seems not to be an INCREASE for DJs. . but a DECREASE for everyone but DJ's

searching Tidal support, nothing found for "stems"

and there was this blog from Dec 18th 2023:
https://www.digitaldjtips.com/tidal-reacts-to-djs-stems-removal-backlash/

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 8:45 pm
There's a lot of chat in a lot of places about this at the moment, and one guy on another forum sent Tidal an email with some questions. The reply mentioned the stems separation.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 8:51 pm
Thanks GroovinDJ

Hopefully the devs will mention also, if Tidal will be allowing stems again in VDJ sometime next month.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 8:55 pm
I've now seen similar responses from Tidal to two separate enquiry emails, saying that stems are returning.

[EDIT] Confirmed by Digital DJ Tips

Posted Wed 06 Mar 24 @ 4:25 pm
Thanks GroovinDJ for the updates:

figured would post link (which seemed overly negative to me, since the price for DJs is NOT going up, its just that its going down for everyone else, maybe bit of click bait)
https://www.digitaldjtips.com/big-price-increase-for-djs-using-tidal/

with the most useful tidbit

and additional features built for DJs ?? what ?

I know I have asked, a few times, if they could additionally include the extended versions of the tracks.
And each time, hoping that the subsequent query, would get a better answer then the boilerplate reply.....to fill out the online request for the track, you would like added.
Stopped filing track requests after few months, when none of the requests were ever added.
(and otherwise, no response from the requests)

Loved Tidal, till they remove stems. Its lighting fast, with high quality music, and it could be the best streaming service for DJs if they had as mentioned, had more extended versions and better curation (meta-data and genre), and search.

For example if one has "feat" (or "ft."), as part of your search phase, one will find nothing from Tidal.
and many times need to do multiple searches to attempt to find a track .. with one of artists only.. or with song title only..etc

Posted Wed 06 Mar 24 @ 6:37 pm
What's more important to me here is whether or not this "DJ embracing" move includes the ability to legally use it in professional gigs (including (wishful thinking) being able to record sets with tracks obtained from them). If not, this is just a price increase for what we were getting already before.

Posted Wed 06 Mar 24 @ 6:56 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
being able to record sets

Yes that really is wishful thinking. When you rent something, you don't get to keep it.

Posted Wed 06 Mar 24 @ 7:18 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
If not, this is just a price increase for what we were getting already before.

Its NOT a price increase for DJs.

Its a price decrease for everyone else.

the monthly subscription fee, for me will remain exactly the same.

seems they are renaming and combining previous subscription categories.
(read the post above, from yesterday)

Posted Wed 06 Mar 24 @ 7:18 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :

Its NOT a price increase for DJs.

Its a price decrease for everyone else.

You are right - It's not a price increase as of the announcement.
However, it was a price increase for DJs when they decided to block regular Tidal HiFi use from DJ applications (which the originally promoted on their website/allowed in DJ applications) and sort of sneakily took away).

@groovindj I know that is very wishful thinking (no streaming service based option allows for that does it?). I don't use Tidal for my own personal reasons (I ised to use it but stopped) so it doesn't bother me really.

Posted Wed 06 Mar 24 @ 7:51 pm

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 4:37 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
One more confirmation from Tidal.. They are Bringing back Stems for DJs:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TIdaL/comments/1b7o0tb/from_tidal_a_note_on_our_pricing_changes/?

Fantastic news! Thanks for sharing!

Can someone from VDJ confirm that you've received communications from Tidal to this effect and that you will be re-enabling this on your end in an upcoming release?

Does this mean we'll get both caching AND stems from Tidal? That'll be sick!

Posted Tue 26 Mar 24 @ 4:55 am

Posted Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 7:40 pm
I can confirm stems for TIDAL streaming are now back in VirtualDJ!

Posted Sun 14 Apr 24 @ 7:19 am