Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tidal removing stem usage. - Page: 1
I'm seeing on a Rekordbox post on Facebook, after their recent update, that they have removed the ability to use stems on streaming tracks from Tidal. Obviously people are asking why, and a comment from somebody claims it is a Tidal decision and will be rolling out across all software in the near future. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything to confirm whether is factual, or just idle gossip and Rekordbox removed it for other reasons.

Posted Sat 30 Sep 23 @ 6:49 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
 Best Answer
Adion wrote :
Unfortunately the conditions on using Tidal in DJ software have indeed changed, and thus we had to disable this functionality for Tidal.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 12:52 pm[ selected best answer by locoDog on Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 12:52 pm ]
Uugghhhhh I thought my laptop was messing up. Thank you!!!
This sucks!!!!! Tidal c’mon MAN!!!!

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 2:18 am
Madness915 wrote :
Uugghhhhh I thought my laptop was messing up. Thank you!!!
This sucks!!!!! Tidal c’mon MAN!!!!

I think it's correct that Tidal will require it to be removed in the future
But for now it works ok for me in latest Early Access release

Here is my test:

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 6:03 am
On my EA 7689.1999 as of about 9 min ago... lost stems separation for Tidal tracks..
(appears a silent update)
Guess this is what happens when Atomix so flawlessly separates stems.

And noticed there is now Offline storage, for Tidal. (at least some better news)
Do not know how many tracks can be stored for offline usage.

@Klaus what version do you show currently on your licenses page?
for me currently 7689.1999 and now NO Tidal stems..

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 6:13 am
Ok...
VDJ can indeed to silent updates for things like adding new controller mappings

Mine is like this:

Edit: NOW I got the silent update too - that took a while :)
My numbers haven't changed

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 6:23 am
That is exactly same as my current build ..

Beatport tracks separate stems now .. and Tidal do not..

as was mentioning.. believe at exactly 2AM the lost Tidal stems.. (maybe depends on time zone)

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 6:28 am
NOW I got the silent update too - that took a while :)
My numbers haven't changed either - but no more Tidal stems

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 6:29 am
Interesting that numbers not change..

but you should have Offline storage for Tidal now .. Yeah !

Wonder if Tidal will be adding more tracks for streaming .. ?

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 6:30 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :

but you should have Offline storage for Tidal now .. Yeah !

I don't think so - maybe that's a separate update...

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 6:35 am
I seem to be able to "Right click" any Tidal track, now (using EA7689) and choose "Download to cache"
(could not do that w Tidal before)

and the Offline tracks appear currently in a Folder called "Offline Cache"

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 7:40 am
Happening across all products; DJUCED updated their FAQ.

I was about to resubscribe to tidal too, so that has saved me money I suppose!

"DJUCED STEMS doesn’t work with Tidal, why ? #
The Tidal streaming service asked us to disable the DJUCED STEMS separation, this is why it is blocked into DJUCED."

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 8:35 am
Yes it appears the same with VDJ as Adion mentioned in a similar thread:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/254722/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/TIDAL_STEMS_ARE_OUT_.html

Adion wrote :
Unfortunately the conditions on using Tidal in DJ software have indeed changed, and thus we had to disable this functionality for Tidal.

Was thinking ... will maybe need to be aware of cases, for example, if one has used Stems in a POI Editor to remove Explicits, etc. They will not remove the words as expected.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 8:48 am
Allegedly Tidal were planning to bump up the subs for DJs in October so that you'd require the top tier at £19.99 but that was postponed. Maybe this is the replacement for that?

If it's still on the cards, then a doubling of sub plus no stems would certainly discourange me.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 8:53 am
I actually think that the jump in price for Tidal DJ would still be attractive if stems were available. For me, the service is dead without.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 9:01 am
I have the HiFi Plus, 19.99/month plan ... and now, without stems..

Seems not dependent on plan.

And agree if there was an added higher tier, plan with Stems.. I would be interested.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 9:07 am
Damn....Also got the silent update. This sucks. Strange how there is nothing mentioned anywhere on Tidals website. Looks like I'm gonna have to convert all my lists back to Deezer then for now....Fingers crossed there's no issue with Deezer and stems =[

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 9:24 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Adion wrote :

Selected as best answer Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 12:52 pm
SMAODJPRO InfinityMember since 2021
This is very frustrating news ...
Not the worst part of it, but vdj not really communicating this and just doing a silent feature removing update is bad as well.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 1:18 pm
Thinking about it, this could have been kicked off by Denon DJ announcing stem separation on their Prime 4 + hardware....

Stem separation was around for a while before Denon's announcement and all was well. Then people beta testing the stems discovered that Tidal was not allowing it on the Prime 4+.

Next came Rekordbox, now VDJ but it seems the hardware separation on the Prime 4+ was what triggered the clampdown. Coincidence?

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 1:29 pm
Full conversion back to Deezer done, thanks to Soundiz. Fingers crossed that if the same is going to happen to Deezer that we get some sort of notification, instead of just a silent update.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 2:28 pm
67%