Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Syncing Virtual DJ between computers, "Restore Database Backup" is ineffective?
seanPRO InfinityMember since 2018
This is a question and maybe a warning for other users.

I have two computers I need to sync Virtual DJ between on a weekly basis. On searching the forums the suggested method in multiple posts is.... In browser options select Database... Create Database Backup and on the other computer restore this backup.

Upon doing this I noticed a problem, if you rename a playlist or delete a playlist it doesn't delete it on the computer your restoring to. I ended up with a really messy library. I also noticed the same thing happens with custom mappings, I can live with duplicates in there but the playlists is a deal breaker.

Is this expected behavior? It'd be great if the restore window asked if you'd like to remove existing data? Is there a better method for syncing two computers?

I've seen other people mention they're syncing the Virtual DJ AppData folder. Obviously there's potential for conflict changes so I'd probably do this manually. I'll probably write a quick python or powershell script that does it.

And I've read: https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How-to-Transfer-To-A-New-Computer.html

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 5:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you are certain that you don't change things in both computers at the same time you could manually remove the playlists before starting the restore backup procedure

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 5:14 pm