Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Standard Pad Page for auto_bpm_transition?
Now that the auto_bpm_transition feature is in a public release, could there be and "official" pad page downloadable under extensions to setup/trigger some of all the things it can do?
Maybe an emulation of the buttons for it on the rev5?
... just so that everybody don't need to script something themselves :)

Posted Thu 14 Sep 23 @ 9:09 pm
+1

-------
It would be awesome if maybe some of the new features could eventually be integrated into VDJ's automix, at some point, to extend automix's capabilities.
(maybe already in the works)

Posted Thu 14 Sep 23 @ 9:20 pm
Are there more details on the auto_bpm_transition as google doesn't give much info...

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 9:30 am
Discoagogo wrote :
Are there more details on the auto_bpm_transition as google doesn't give much info...

Basically it adds a similar feature to what "Auto BPM Transition" is on the rev5 - here demonstrated by Phil form DDJT (stating around 2:05)

I did this quick example in VDJ a few weeks back, where it sets the length of the transition change to 16 bt, starts a loop (with current loop length of 8 bt), turns off all stems except drums and starts the auto bpm transition. After that the second tracks is started manually in time (before the bpm transition is fully done), and the crossfader is used to fade in the next track

The script used is
auto_bpm_transition_options length 16 && auto_bpm_transition_options loop on && auto_bpm_transition_options stems vocal off && auto_bpm_transition_options stems instru off && auto_bpm_transition_options stems bass off && auto_bpm_transition

I plan to do a better video at some point - but I think a standard pad page for it would be a great addition :)

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 12:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We just uploaded one, will be available in a few minutes

Pad 1 ON : Turn Auto-BPM Transition on/off
Pad 3 MT : Enable/disable MT on/off during transition
Pad 4 LOOP : Enable/disable a Loop during transition. It's using the current loop size
Pad 5 to 8 : Decide which Stems will be kept during the transition
Param 1 : Select the duration of the BPM Transition in beats (how much time one deck will need to reach the BPM of the other one)

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 2:47 pm
MT? That button doesn't seem to do anything here.

The stems buttons seem strange too. Once clicked, I can't revert back by clicking again.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 5:08 pm
MT is master tempo. If you disable it, you can have i do some pitch play as part of the transition 🙂

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 6:09 pm
djdad wrote :
We just uploaded one

Cool! Thank you!

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 6:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Oh abt has gone public, (I should pay more attention) probably worth a script school update.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 7:58 pm
groovindj wrote :
The stems buttons seem strange too. Once clicked, I can't revert back by clicking again.

These are not normal On/Off Stems buttons, but the auto-BPM-Transition parameters.
We didnt force Stems to return to original status after Transition is done, since we assume that another song will be loaded to the first Deck, and Stems will be reset anyways.
But for convenience we could add the normal On/Off Stems buttons as SHIFT+PAD 5 to SHIFT+PAD 8

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 8:23 pm
FYI
The padpage on the extensions page.. each time one restarts VDJ.. it shows as needing an update.

Just reporting.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 8:30 pm
djdad wrote :
These are not normal On/Off Stems buttons, but the auto-BPM-Transition parameters

Yes I understand that now, after playing some more. It just seemed strange as I'm used to the on/off action.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 10:06 pm
djdad wrote :
But for convenience we could add the normal On/Off Stems buttons as SHIFT+PAD 5 to SHIFT+PAD 8

another way would be to mimic the REV5 and have e.g. Pad 2 to be a SELECT PRM button (temporary or toggle) and then have the PADS 5 to 8 to work as normal Stem buttons when the SELECT is not enabled/pushed and ABPMT Stem params when enabled.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 10:32 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I was just playing with it.
I made this as an alt button 1, one button gets both decks going, include a loop 0 part to give it a larger scope

( action_deck 1 ? deck 2 play : deck 1 play ) & auto_bpm_transition & ( action_deck 1 ? deck 2 sync : deck 1 sync ) & repeat_start rsABT 25ms -1 & auto_bpm_transition ? : loop 0 & repeat_stop rsABT

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 11:13 pm
Has this been removed from extensions?

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 1:26 pm
No, but i just updated to add a couple more features brought in Early Access. Please try again

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 1:28 pm
djdad wrote :
No, but i just updated to add a couple more features brought in Early Access. Please try again

It's back :)
Thanks

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 2:35 pm
So the Page is updated and ads the following..

Pad 2: AUTO-START option. If enabled, the Auto-BPM-Transition ON button , will also start the other Deck.
Param 2 : Source vs Target Option
- When set to Target (default), the Auto-BPM Transition will end up with the (original BPM if smartPlay and autoBpmMatch are enabled, or Current BPM if not) of the other Deck
- When set to Source, the Auto-BPM Transition will end up to the original BPM of the calling Deck.

PS. The additions require Build 7682 which is currently available as Early Access

Posted Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 3:11 pm