Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Change crossfader settings button (skins)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That would be a simple button, near the crossfader to change directly onto the skin the set of the crossfader (full - smart - cut).
That way a skin could use the feature... or not!

FRUiT94

Posted Sat 15 Nov 03 @ 11:05 pm
good idea :)

Posted Sun 16 Nov 03 @ 1:45 am
Thanks! Will the team add it?

Posted Thu 20 Nov 03 @ 11:01 am
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003
still a good idea Fruit :-)

Gwenn

Posted Tue 25 Nov 03 @ 4:05 pm
I think the number of possibilities must be upgraded for the crossfader, allowing some special fades or other "cut one desk while other is growing". 8 or 10 positions can be imagined, which can simply be switched by the simple button I described. BPM Studio allows these kind of special crossfades I thought VDJ needs work here.

FRUiT94

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 1:08 am
I've got the term : crossfader curve (thanks EchoRec).

When can we set several crossfader curves like in BPM studio?

FRUiT94

Posted Wed 12 May 04 @ 7:37 pm
Excellent idea... :D

macourteau

Posted Sun 23 May 04 @ 9:01 pm
Please support this feature in future versions of VDJ...

It would be soooooooooooo great to have more control over the crossfader......

please :)

dj in norway

Posted Wed 26 May 04 @ 2:28 pm
support !!!

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 3:13 pm
charledHome userMember since 2004
Hello everybody

Is it possible to change the time of the fader during the mix without entering config by creating a special skin? The best solution would be to integrate this fonction in the same way as (full-cut ) that it is proposed above

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 7:05 pm
Unfortunately, the skins cannot handle these functions, that's a part of what I want.

FRUiT94

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 7:37 pm
Why not also include this fonction with the BPM button, section "ajust automix". It just needs to add a box with select up and down selection like on the web page to select a month for example. besides i found to limit the lenght to 16s is very selective. It should be personnalized in function of song

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 8:00 pm
And another thing for tonight:

During automix: is it a way to synchronize and make automatically the move of crossfader and pitch? For example start the move of the pitch when the crossfader have reached 75%.

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 8:26 pm
How about also adding selectable crossfade curves to the EQs???

I have downloaded the eval version, and this seems to be a limiting factor for the way I mix.

In alot of my trance mixes I bring the channel crossfader to the center position, and then bring the bass slowly from the outgoing track channel to the incoming track channel. (Make sense?) Unfortunately, the crossfade curve seems to add the bass together, so in the center position it is very loud, making the mix sound crapola.

Posted Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 5:47 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well, now the dev team has just to copy the source code of my plugin crossfader behaviors. I allow it to do that and if you need help ask me. I intend to add a button "fader start" (on/off) like on a mix table and using the same idea as my plugin "level autostart"

The slider volume into the plugin Crossfader Behaviors is a new concept but never used on mix table. Maybe for the moment don't use it by setting the value to something fixed (0 or 4096)

And i would like to draw the curves into a custom interface too but i'm just discovered that and it goes slowly. Have a look into my blog to see the drawing of the curves

Posted Sun 13 Feb 05 @ 4:35 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 7:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)