Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can't find 2023 install on my Mac???
I have tried to install the 2023 version on my Macbook Pro (MacOS 13.0.1) and can not find the install anywhere. What am I missing? TYIA - David

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 4:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
 Best Answer Not sure what exactly is the issue here.
VDJ 2023 is currently in Early Access, but there are several ways to get it.
1. Visit https://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html There are links there to download the EA Installer.
2. With VirtualDJ already installed, you can goto Settings->OPTIONs, enable EarlyAccessUpdates setting and restart VirtualDJ.

As for the VirtualDJ folder (database, Mappers, Skins etc), it's usually in then known /Documents folder but for new installations of VDJ 2023, it will be located in Users/Username/AppData/Local folder. The easiest way to open this, is to click on the cog icon you will see if you open VirtualDJ Settings ->OPTIONS tab.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 3:43 pm[ selected best answer by locoDog on Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 7:08 pm ]
krono86PRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1 Same here!

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 6:26 pm
I have the same problem

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 12:11 am
It's in a hidden file go to finder Your hard drive Then users your computer name then hold down commmd shift . (Period) you'll see a file come up that says library open library Then application support Then the virtual dj folder

Whew

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 2:53 am
djjohnnyrox wrote :
It's in a hidden file go to finder Your hard drive Then users your computer name then hold down commmd shift . (Period) you'll see a file come up that says library open library Then application support Then the virtual dj folder

Whew

I followed these instructions and the only file in there is my license. Any more advice? Thank you in advance. - David

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 3:08 am
That's what worked for me I found it by opening a skin Other than the stock skin Clicking edit the skin Then clicking get info tab in on the top mac bar The info box gave me the path for mine

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 3:13 am
thekazPRO InfinityMember since 2009
same issue here, no virtual DJ folder in the library location listed above. tried searching for virtual DJ and all that shows up is my install of build 7183

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 1:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure what exactly is the issue here.
VDJ 2023 is currently in Early Access, but there are several ways to get it.
1. Visit https://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html There are links there to download the EA Installer.
2. With VirtualDJ already installed, you can goto Settings->OPTIONs, enable EarlyAccessUpdates setting and restart VirtualDJ.

As for the VirtualDJ folder (database, Mappers, Skins etc), it's usually in then known /Documents folder but for new installations of VDJ 2023, it will be located in Users/Username/AppData/Local folder. The easiest way to open this, is to click on the cog icon you will see if you open VirtualDJ Settings ->OPTIONS tab.

Selected as best answer Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 3:43 pm
I completed the install process of the early bird version on my M1 2020 MacBook Air with Big Sur 11.6.2 three times with no error messages.
But nothing "seems" to be installed.
EDIT: NM. I learned that it requires OS 13.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 3:50 pm
For me the issue was I wanted to get to the pads folder to install a custom pad script I have. VDJ used to be in the documents folder, its no longer there. I found it in a hidden folder that I described above.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 4:36 pm
This confused the hell out of me too. After installing three times and still only having the old version on there I deleted the old Virtual DJ app from the Applications folder and ran the installer again. And bingo! There it was.

My guess is some weird Macos permissions thing.

Posted Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 12:14 am
I asked Siri and she located it for me…
Tried freakin 2 hours find it on my own.

Posted Sat 06 May 23 @ 9:39 pm