Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ Temporary Cue Points?
apster07ControlleristMember since 2022
Hoping I can get some help here as I've been relentlessly been googling this issue without luck. Previously I used to run Virtual DJ 7/8 and would run my old controller with that. Now that I've turned to 2021 with my new DDJSB3 im having some issues figuring Cue points out.

My entire VDJ career, whether it was on my previous hardware controller OR on the software itself, pressing the standard CUE button would save a CUE 1 position in the song and store it forever. So if I ever unloaded and reloaded the track again even immediately after it would start right back up at that cue point.

Now with VDJ 2021, pressing CUE on my hardware controller OR on the software it only sets a temporary GREY cue point that goes away if I reload the song. My question is, is there any way to go back to the old way of setting a hard cue point by only pressing CUE and not having to click on HOT CUE's?

Thanks again.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 22 @ 4:06 am
It IS possible by remaping
Remap your controller cue button to this:
play ? cue_stop : cue ? cue_stop : (param_equal get_cue 0 ? set_cue 1 : get_cue & param_cast & set_cue) & goto_cue

This code will give you a VirtualDJ 7 alike behavior.
The CUE button will set/update the last used hotcue (or hotcue 1 if no hotcue exists)

If you want just to set hotcue 1 if it doesn't exist but not mess with the rest hotcues (like on VirtualDJ 7 where you could mess up hotcues by mistake via the CUE button) then use this code instead:
play ? cue_stop : cue ? cue_stop : param_equal get_cue 0 ? set_cue 1 & goto_cue 1 : cue_stop

Posted Mon 12 Sep 22 @ 11:37 am