Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crash report. Mac High Sierra EA build 7131
VDJ kept crashing on me Thursday and then again last night. I thought it was a fluke Thursday but then it really screwed me up Saturday. So much so that I had to finish the night with Spotify!!!

It appeared to send crash logs but I do not know how to look at them.

I could not pinpoint any one action that caused it as I was trying to work. So frustrating. People yelling at me every time it happened.

Not sure if this is the correct place to submit this but hope someone can assist.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 4:55 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There is one crash report logged, but unfortunately it doesn't provide any more information about why it happened.

Any other info about what hardware you used?

Posted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 4:58 pm
Strange.. I was connected to the net and saw the error popup every time. Does it have a submit button?? I panicked overtime so I did not really read it. I just hit the reopen button right away and blamed the venue electrical system.

I use DDJ SZ controller last night (mine). Thursday when it happened I was using venue controller DDJ SR2.

I run video output also with HDMI output.

I played last Sunday 9-4-22 on my SZ with no crash like this so I don't think it is the controllers.

I do use SoundSwitch for the lighting controls. It just updated to version 2.6 recently. Not sure if its related or not. I don't remember if I updated that before the crashes or not.

Looks like there are several updates the day it first crashed. 9-8-22.

I do use the Spectral visual with audio only tracks. I see that is one of the fixes that day.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 5:14 pm
Ok. It doesn't look like I updated SoundSwitch until yesterday. Should be unrelated.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 5:22 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is your experimentalUseMetal setting set to?

Posted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 5:26 pm
I have it set to no

Posted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 6:08 pm
I have been running autoplay with tracks for a couple hours and it is not crashing. I will try and hook everything up like at a gig and see if it will crash that way.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 22 @ 7:00 pm