Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Multiple screens question...
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Any skins, or is it even possible, to have three screens and use left screen for one section(s) of skin, center for playing field and right for another section(s), see example image below:

Posted Tue 02 Aug 22 @ 7:50 pm
this was answered on Facebook with a great video demo too but for this not on Facebook i think they recommended the Blocks skin as it has detachable browser AND Effects windows which you can reposition to another monitor.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 22 @ 11:06 pm
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Yep, Klaus, in his usual magnanimous fashion, took the time to address the question in a "quick video" .

Block will do most of what I want just not all.

I think I'm wanting more than is currently available.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 22 @ 12:40 am
Technically the skin engine can do that and much more (maybe use 6 or 9 monitors ? :P )
However you'll have to design the skin by yourself and take into account the only MAJOR limitation:
Browser (and all it's elements like playlist, sampler e.t.c.) can only display the same instance of an object.
In other words:
It is possible to make the left window to show the main browser and the right window to show the sampler (or any similar combination)
It is NOT possible though to have both left and right window to show sampler as an example loaded with different banks.
Or, it is NOT possible to have on the "same" window 2 different playlists loaded and visible.

Other than that, the skin engine is absolutely capable to handle what you ask.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 22 @ 9:28 am