Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ableton link & VDJ shifted by one beat
Hey,
I use Ableton link with Ableton Live & VirtualDJ.
How can I shift the link in that way that Beat1 is always in sync?
My problem is, that beat 1 of Ableton Live always hits beat 4 of Virtual DJ.
Does anyone has the same problem?
Best,
Johannes

Posted Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 12:15 am
Just giving this a bump to see if anyone has any ideas or if a fix is likely?

It’s great to have ableton link integration but unless it retains the correct phase (which in my instance is to use an external drum) it’s useless.

Other DJ apps accurately work with the bpm and phase correctly but VDJ seems to only support bpm with the ableton phase 95% of the time being one later than that in VDJ.

Seeing as it’s so consistently out by the same interval, it makes me think it may be a programming issue?

Posted Sat 09 Dec 23 @ 1:37 am
seanPRO InfinityMember since 2018
I recently became rather familiar with this issue because I was attempting to sync Virtual DJ to Resolume using Ableton Link. Neither Virtual DJ or Resolume allow you to reset the downbeat, Traktor does, however I noticed when using Traktors Resync button if I pressed it on beat 1 it was slightly delayed and would be on beat 2 so I had to press it on beat 4. I posted about this more here https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/254805/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Bug__Ableton_Link_implementation_is_often_on_wrong_downbeat.html

I ended up having to use Midi Clock which Resolume allows you to reset the downbeat on.

Posted Sat 09 Dec 23 @ 5:25 am
user18829647 wrote :
Neither Virtual DJ or Resolume allow you to reset the downbeat, Traktor does

Ok, because when I read the post I was like: I don't think Ableton Link supports phase detection/alignment
But what you are saying is that you get a do-over in other software to manually set the phasing? So basically start it over in time?
I think you are right in the the VDJ implementation doesn't have a button for that
It does have nudging though. But that may not be a practical solution...

Posted Sat 09 Dec 23 @ 12:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VirtualDJ indeed sends 1 beat quantized information using link, but being able to quantize to 4 beats may be useful to add

Posted Sat 09 Dec 23 @ 1:10 pm
Adion wrote :
VirtualDJ indeed sends 1 beat quantized information using link, but being able to quantize to 4 beats may be useful to add

Absolutely! Would make the ableton link integrations so much more usable!

Would be a game changer!

Posted Wed 13 Dec 23 @ 11:55 pm