Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Dnx1700 +SC3900's Skin and Mapping Files
I am looking for a Skin that combines a Denon Dnx1700 Mixer with 2 SC3900's. I recollect seeing one a few years ago in the Skins section and I am in need of a mapping file for my Mixer too as my faders, eq, volumes etc have no effect when utilised. Any help would be greatly received.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 21 @ 10:25 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Thu 02 Dec 21 @ 10:41 pm
Quote from https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller%20Skin.html

"Using a look-alike skin is not required for optimal performance of a controller. The skin has no effect on the functionality of a MIDI controller and vice-versa. In fact, when using a controller, it's often better to use a more minimalistic skin designed for controller use that allows more space for the browser, effects, samples, etc."

As you have real standalone DJ hardware, there's no need to use a picture of it on screen - you have the real thing. Those type of skins generally waste a lot of screen space due to picturing large parts of the hardware (i.e. the platters on the SC3900s) when it's not required.

Ditto with the mapping of your mixer. There's no need to map it, because you don't need to control the software mixer - you have a real one.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 21 @ 6:18 pm
Thank you Locodog and Groovindj.
I believe the skin I'm looking for was a Virtual DJ User's own skin creation that was posted years ago.......It would have been good to emulate on screen.
I'm trying to setup timecode to use on my mixer, Ive changed settings both in the mixer and on VDJ following what extremely little advice/instructions there are online as there's no VDJ manual for the Mixer.
Anybody have any tips/tricks etc?
I have both ASIO and WASAPI options, which both conjure up problems and Ive installed the most recent x64 drivers for the mixer.

Posted Mon 06 Dec 21 @ 2:36 pm