Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pro Liscense/Loggin In
I just recently updated my main computer and backup tablets to 2020 ver 8.5. Yes I'm aware 2021 is available. Apparently you now have to login in and identify yourself once you connect either analog or via controller or VDJ will revert to a promo version and lock all audio settings to a one player promo like version. In the past you did not have to connect and login to use vdj and controller functions. This caused me much embarrassment and frustration at last weekends wedding. Myself and many other users don't always have an internet connection at events. Once you log in and "identify" yourself and do said event VDJ will forget all your license info on a reboot and if your not connected will be locked out so to speak. I just verified this scenario from home with and without an internet connection. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong here and how to resolve this issue as this cannot be happening. Will us VDJ users now be required to have an online connection to login and "identify" ourselves to utilize analog and controller functions?

Posted Sun 01 Aug 21 @ 8:12 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There's a setting
stayLoggedIn

maybe that got unset

Posted Sun 01 Aug 21 @ 8:16 pm
I've been a pro license user since 2008 with 3 licenses. Yes stay logged in but unless we are now being required to carry our own hotspot to stay connected since not all venues have wifi available then we've just been forced to "stay Connected"

Posted Sun 01 Aug 21 @ 8:22 pm
License authentication hasn't changed, major upgrades have been known to disrupt settings in some cases.
With the settings correct a logged in machine stays logged in, [unless 2 other machines have been logged in with the same credentials after the first]

It would indeed be prudent to have a hotspot, just in case, but it's not a requirement.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 21 @ 8:56 pm
If I log in and "identify" myself then lose internet connection it will stay logged in and all is well. However, if you have no internet connection either by choice or because you simply don't have one available and you launch VDJ OR reboot all together with no internet VDJ will forget who you are and you will prompted to "Identify" yourself whether connected via analog or controller. If you do not login and "Identify" yourself you have about 15 minutes to enjoy and have all controller functions and or mouse click and play functions through analog before VDJ will shut you down for lack of license or proof thereof by logging into you account and that is a major problem. I encourage all of you to launch VDJ with you internet connection off and see what happens to your ability to use the software without logging and and identifying yourself. It's not pretty and will leave you completely in the dark unless you have a hotspot of your own and some way to connect. In a barn in west Georgia miles from civilization much less wifi and being without a hotspot of your own is one hell of a way to find out what VDJ has jut implemented.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 21 @ 9:12 pm
just tried it, no problem, licence is still active when booting vdj with no internet.
dropbox [link] your settings.xml, let me check them over.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 21 @ 9:58 pm
this is how I have mine set.

Posted Mon 02 Aug 21 @ 3:18 am