Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon Prime 4 - Console Freezes during a set
Hi there,

Every 3rd update or so (of VDJ) my Prime 4 Freezes but everything keeps functioning in VDJ. The problem is that there's no more feedback from the controller (screen works, controls work) but every visual feedback like the LEDs for volume on the channels and master, the jogwheel display etc, stop.

When this happens, VDJ won't close properly at the end of the set. So I'm forced to force quit the app.

I'm on WIndows 10 21H1.

Any thoughts ?

Any thoughts ?

Posted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 5:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just to understand, the issue described above happens when VDJ prompts to update and only in this case ?
If not, can you reproduce all times with the current Build ?

Posted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 2:53 pm
djdad wrote :
Just to understand, the issue described above happens when VDJ prompts to update and only in this case ?
If not, can you reproduce all times with the current Build ?

Hi ! thanks for the response.

Normally, when every update gets done, all is good.

Even after a reboot in some cases depending on the update that was recently downloaded. However, some updates (not frequent), will cause this issue (even the cuebutton responses do not work)

So far since the last build, every set I have done since (4), this issue is there. This will usually occur about 20 to 40 minutes in. While I'm not debilitated, it's a real inconvenience.

Posted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 4:56 pm
I've not experienced the issue after a VDJ update necessarily, but sometimes when pairing VDJ and the Prime 4, I have found that the Prime 4 gets a bit confused (seems to be mainly the LEDs misbehaving).

What I've done is set up a custom pad as reinit_controller so if it happens I can hit that and it usually corrects itself.

Posted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 5:54 pm
groovindj wrote :
I've not experienced the issue after a VDJ update necessarily, but sometimes when pairing VDJ and the Prime 4, I have found that the Prime 4 gets a bit confused (seems to be mainly the LEDs misbehaving).

What I've done is set up a custom pad as reinit_controller so if it happens I can hit that and it usually corrects itself.

oh! is that the actual command ? if so, does it interfere with the sound once pressed ?

Posted Tue 27 Jul 21 @ 9:12 pm
Having a similar issue. Can't even use the controller anymore. Did you find a solution?

Posted Sat 04 Dec 21 @ 1:55 pm
DjPatrickAhern wrote :
Having a similar issue. Can't even use the controller anymore. Did you find a solution?

Rebooted my computer and made sure all my drivers were up to date. Now on version 2.1.1 of the controller and it runs like a top

Posted Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 11:34 pm