Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can STEM FX be post-fader?
Hi,

FX processing seems to be pre-fader when using stem fx (even if the audio setting is post-fader). Is there a way around this, or am I mistaken something? (Don't know much about how stems are processed in VDJ, it may well be a system issue, not sure.)

Would be nice to have the post-fader option for effects like echo and delay when using stem fx.

Cheers,

Posted Sat 29 May 21 @ 11:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
This is indeed not possible.

Posted Sat 29 May 21 @ 11:09 am
Thank you!
At least it's not my fault ;)

Posted Sun 30 May 21 @ 7:18 am
Now with the 2 echo out stems fx pads on the STEMS+FX pad page, it may be more relevant to see if post-fader stems fx can somehow be achieved?

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 9:43 am
+1

Posted Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 5:46 pm
dj kkfmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
oh...that's interesting...I didn't know that. I guess if VDJ supported something like the instant doubles feature that rekordbox now has, you could sort of get this to happen assuming you had a free deck.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 8:04 pm
dj kkfm wrote :
oh...that's interesting...I didn't know that. I guess if VDJ supported something like the instant doubles feature that rekordbox now has, you could sort of get this to happen assuming you had a free deck.

That's really not related...

Posted Sat 01 Apr 23 @ 12:03 am
dj kkfmPRO InfinityMember since 2023
klausmogensen wrote :
dj kkfm wrote :

That's really not related...

Here's what I was thinking.... Let's say you have a a track playing and you want to apply a post-fader echo to the vocals. You press the instant doubles vocal button and now you have the instruments and drums on one deck and the vocals on another deck, all perfectly in time. Now you can apply post-fader echo (or whatever effect) on the vocal deck without changing the sound of the instruments and drums on the other deck. Seems like that would achieve what the OP was after even though it's a bit of a hack. But maybe I misunderstood what the OP wanted to have happen.

Posted Sat 01 Apr 23 @ 4:04 am