Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Analyzing wait chain (multi analyzing vs single slow analyzing)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know what setting causes songs to be analyzed one at a time with like up to a minute in between vs analyzing 5 or more at once?

When I select multiple tracks in the browser and select batch analyze sometimes it does all of them seemingly at once or at least instantly one after the other and other times it does one, and then next to the search box at the top has a +4 and waits up to a minute in between completing each of the rest.

I can't figure out what causes one or the other at any given moment... and its a crap shoot whether the songs i select will be analyzed immediately or take very long in between to complete. Doesn't seem to be processing power related either as a fresh reboot with no tracks loaded and analyzing could go either way.

Does anyone have more insight to this? Can I provide any more information regarding this? Thank you everyone!

Posted Tue 27 Apr 21 @ 10:50 pm
Additional info:
I have set virtualdj.exe to high and realtime, with access to all 12 cores, and have selected i/o priority to high to give it the best chance at being able to do multi analyzing, but again virtualdj uses like 5% of my cpu at max at any given time so I don't believe it to be a processing power issue.

I also have both precompute and preload both set to -1 to not artificially cap the limit it analyzes. Doesn't seem to have an effect either way.

System specs:
Ryzen 3600 (OCed to 175% cap @41 multiplier 4.2 GHz <60degC, VDJ only at <10% usage, no thermal throttling issues at all, seems like it could use more if it wanted to, am i missing a setting?)

GPU: GTX 1660 Super (OC-ed core 1170MHz, memory 6GB @ 7000MHz, no thermal throttling, again usage is minimal from VDJ at any given point in time, can't get it to use more resources)

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2132 1066MHz dualchannel enabled
(no OC, CAS of 16, 25% usage max from total system, 75% completely free, not even reserved)

x570 ASUS board with 500GB PCIe gen 4 nvme drive (so no limitation on write speed LOL)

Posted Tue 27 Apr 21 @ 11:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you trying to analyze songs from a streaming service perhaps?
Those are indeed rate limited.

Posted Wed 28 Apr 21 @ 5:32 am
Adion wrote :
Are you trying to analyze songs from a streaming service perhaps?
Those are indeed rate limited.

Thank you for responding to my post. I am eager to try to get some insight on this. I really do appreciate you taking the time.
To answer your question of using a streaming service:
Yes, specifically from Tidal.

It sometimes will do the multi analyze and sometimes not though. So it isn't a hard rule that limits how fast they can be analyzed nor would it make sense to even do that. Tidal knows when a request comes from virtualDJ. It doesn't have to be counted as a play.

Regardless of stipulations the tech works sometimes so there must be something more going on. Or if you could point me toward the algorithm that rate limits and what the stipulations are for such? I can work within a rule set if I know what the rules are.

Posted Wed 28 Apr 21 @ 8:05 am
Should be about 1 song per 30 seconds on average.

Since the song needs to be downloaded, it does increase download costs for Tidal, and at a way faster rate than anyone could practically listen to them, so the cost can easily become way higher for them.

Posted Wed 28 Apr 21 @ 8:15 am
I see. That would be about in line with what it sometimes does. It really seems to be random though as at times it will do 4, 5, or 6 at a time and keep doing that for a while. Other times it is the 1 per 30 seconds or so. I don't know what the reason or unlock is.

Is there a way of saving the analyzation of files as a backup? I can't seem to find an option in VDJ that would backup stems, analyzation, and overall settings that can be restored upon reinstall. The only backup that seems to work is library lists. The tutorials say that it backs up more than that, but I have never been successful at getting more than just library folders to work.

Or is there a web backup on my account somewhere that can be restored? I recently found that play history is backed up and tied to my account. Had no clue that was happening. Is there a similar gem for settings or analyzations? Or maybe an export feature i don't know about?

Also, it seems like if a song was ever analyzed by a VDJ user ever... it should be available for all VDJ users without having to download the entire song again. This would save on bandwidth costs if that is the biggest issue for rate limiting the analyzing from Tidal. Maybe beyond the scope of this, but do you think that would be a solution? Like a crowdsourced analyzation library?

Posted Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 2:41 am

Posted Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 2:55 am
Side thread:
Yes that is tutorial I was referring to. Thank you for linking it so others reading this have it as well. I should have posted that in my post. Where are settings/options backed up and restored from? Is that saved upon login to my Pro account?

Continued thread:
As far as being able to analyze multiple files still from Tidal... its fine if you don't know the reason why it sometimes allows multiples and other times it is rate limited. I can't find anyone that knows why either so we all are in the same boat when it comes to that. Where would you suggest I go to find more information? My contacts with Tidal are most likely going to be boilerplate replies. Maybe you or someone reading this might have additional luck? Or perhaps you could recommend a service that would be more beneficial? Deezer, or the like. I'm not sure if it the same with other services.

Thank you so much for taking the time to participate in the forums. It really does show how VDJ and Atomix are trying to make things awesome. I extremely appreciate it.

Posted Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 9:39 pm
When you create a backup it creates a zip file in the backups folder. You can then move that zip somewhere safe.

It might be that you analyze a tidal file at vdj startup, then didn't analyze and then started analyzing another batch.
Your average would be a bit lower at that time so you could analyze some a bit faster.

The limit for analyzing is the same for all services in vdj currently. idjPool, vjPro and Beatport have bpm stored in their own database so these will show up as you search without needing to analyze.
I think deezer and SoundCloud also have this but I don't think they have bpm for all tracks currently

Posted Sat 01 May 21 @ 5:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)