Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Get_browsed_song & browsed_file_color for multiple files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'd like to make this script for multiple songs at once but I feel limited.
The idea is that to color all songs that has a key difference of 0 or 1. This script works only for one song at the time.

get_browsed_song 'key difference' & param_equal "0" ? browsed_file_color 'red'

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 6:34 pm
get_browsed_song is current selected song.. aka ONE song.
So you would need something to scroll +1 down .. and thats possible, but quite ineffective..

The easiest and most common way would be to just make a filter folder, with the key diff. query.
And then ctrl+A to select all, right-click open tag editor. and set color

But key difference is in relation to what is currently playing on deck.
Not sure why you would color all songs red in relation to what song is on deck.
The color will be completely wrong next song you play on deck (if playing song with other key)

So perhaps explain what you are trying to achieve instead perhaps ;-)
Songs with key diff 0 will always change according to song (selected or playing)

If you just want to show compatible songs, there is already a filter folder for that ;-)
And there is a dynamic check mark next to key in browser to indicate compatible key as well
You can even show key diff as column in browser and sort by that... many ways

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 6:42 pm
I've never heard of filter folder. How do I access it? I am unsure if that will help me though.

The general idea is to reset the colored songs to blank when active song is paused. When there is a new song with different key playing the new songs in key dif = 0 or 1 should be colored. ctrl+a does not work in VDJ and is not seen in any vdj action known to me.

Posted Mon 08 Mar 21 @ 12:43 pm
Maybe use the already easy to use features. Coloring all songs in database one by one over and over, would be hugely ineffective ..

First of all VirtualDJ does something similar automatically..
Next to the key in the browser, there is a check marker that dynamically change, to song played.
This check marker indicates key diff = 0 or compatible songs

And there is already a "pre-installed" (stock) Filter folder with a filter that finds dynamically, the compatible songs (key diff and bpm diff)

And you can easily edit, or add new Filter folder with criteria you want...
If the filter contains key difference, the content of the filter folder will dynamically update to give songs in compatible key.

You can even dock this filter folder to side view and have it always in view ;-) drag and drop to sideview

Posted Mon 08 Mar 21 @ 12:55 pm
Ok the "Compatible songs"-folder is useful if I want something fast. Thanks. The check mark is closest to what I want to achieve. Only missing the color really.

I also did som research on how to change the color for the check mark in the browser but couldn't figure it out.

That way would be viable too I think

Posted Mon 08 Mar 21 @ 1:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)