Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: effect_stems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the syntax for the awesome new 'effect_stems' capability is? As it doesn't seem to be on the Script database yet, either on the website or in the scripting page in update.

Thanks

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 1:09 pm
effect_stems "vocal" (or other stem name, as well as combos such as "rhythm", "melody")

Or simply just select the Stems performance pads and click Stems FX there
(and also available in the FX drop downs)

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 1:36 pm
Thanks Rune - afaid I've got a few more questions!

1) Presumably you need to manually add it to the stems performance pads? (It doesn't seem to be preloaded)

2) Not quite sure what you mean by being in the FX drop downs as I don't seem to be able to see it.

3) Is it either on or off? Or could you, for example, select fx slot 1 to be applied to the vocal stems; and fx slot 2 and to be applied to the kick ?

4) Finally it also seems to apply to loop roll. Is there any way of applying it to a nomal loop (presumably in slip mode - otherwise it would get dead weird!) - so you could just apply for example a 8 beat loop to the vocals?

Many thanks....

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 2:47 pm
Raniki wrote :
Thanks Rune - afaid I've got a few more questions!

1) Presumably you need to manually add it to the stems performance pads? (It doesn't seem to be preloaded)

2) Not quite sure what you mean by being in the FX drop downs as I don't seem to be able to see it.

3) Is it either on or off? Or could you, for example, select fx slot 1 to be applied to the vocal stems; and fx slot 2 and to be applied to the kick ?

4) Finally it also seems to apply to loop roll. Is there any way of applying it to a nomal loop (presumably in slip mode - otherwise it would get dead weird!) - so you could just apply for example a 8 beat loop to the vocals?

Many thanks....

It's on the stems padpage, botton right corner, but no I don't think you can have one stem doing one effect and another stem doing another. It does works on loop with slip mode on

Maybe my first test video on it will inspire you:

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 3:22 pm
Thanks Klaus,

Yes I'd seen your video - it was what alerted me to this exciting new development! Thanks for doing that :-)

Interesting - it didn't seem to be on my stems padpage...... (I ended up adding something myself)

Right off to experiment with the loops....

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 3:32 pm
Raniki wrote :

Interesting - it didn't seem to be on my stems padpage...... (I ended up adding something myself)

If you had made any edits on the stems pad page before (by using the pads editor) then your edit overrides the native page.
One way to solve this is to go on Documents\VirtualDJ\Pads folder and delete the custom stems.xml pad page file

Posted Mon 08 Mar 21 @ 1:07 pm
Hi PhantomDeejay,

Thanks for the tip.

I think it had worked when I 'reset page' on the pad editor..

Posted Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 12:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)