Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Scarlett Focusrite or other for use with Pioneer DDJ 400 to increase audio routing options

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Scarlett Focusrite or other for use with Pioneer DDJ 400 to increase audio routing options:
I require Breakaway Audio Enhancer to DJ and Karaoke. I just love the sound. It is a software with 2 channels for stereo output. I have a Pioneer DDJ 400 controller. It seems I am going to need a USB device like a Scarlett Focusrite to allow proper use of headphones. Can you describe how I would setup Audio routing both physically with cables and with Virtual DJ's audio settings? Do I need 4in 4 out as it is pricier than the 2 in 2 out option? Are there other cheaper alternatives?
Update: After going through help info, this may be my answer:

Posted Sat 06 Mar 21 @ 3:06 pm
you will need 4 outputs unless you want to run in mono

2 for headphones
2 for master

Posted Sat 06 Mar 21 @ 5:19 pm
wickedmix wrote :
you will need 4 outputs unless you want to run in mono

2 for headphones
2 for master

Thank you. I just ordered a very cheap USB sound card to try to route headphones through it directly on laptop and then have Breakaway run its two channels into the Pioneer DDJ for the main music. I assume this configuration will allow me to control headphone mix via the controller even though they are plugged into the laptop.

Posted Sat 06 Mar 21 @ 5:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)